Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Monday 5 January 2009

Another Hectic Weekend

We had another hectic weekend.

Saturday
We celebrated my 2nd brother's second son's first birthday (lots of 1s and 2s there, yes?!) with a lunch hosted by my brother at Paya Serai coffeehouse at PJ Hilton. For the first time, I managed to see myself the train set which the hotel has been putting up year-after-year. It was simply breathtaking! I shall post photos of them up here once I get them from my brother. I was told that the train setting gets bigger and bigger each year as they get more sponsors. Anyway, back to the lunch. We were there from noon and didn't leave until past 4pm! Not like I was eating away but the birthday boy had fallen asleep before the cake was cut. So everyone was sitting around waiting for him to wake up. Of course, I didn't have the luxury of sitting down. Bryan made me make numerous (after 10 times, I'd stopped counting) to the train set and the Xmas tree by the lobby. As expected, Bryan knocked-off the moment we strapped him into his carseat and continued napping at home until 6pm.

Which was a good thing, because I had my best friend and her daughter (also my god-daughter) over for dinner. She ta-paued chilly crabs, steamed salted chicken (very very good!!) and sweet & sour pork. I stir-fried mix veg with beef strips, marinated with ginger extract & chinese wine, to complete the meal. The kids had such a great time exchanging belated Xmas presents, that both Anya and Bryan put on their new clothes immediately - and on top of what they were wearing!

Sunday
We hosted a small "fast food" luncheon for a few of our uni friends, whom we've not caught up for some time. Yes, VT and I have common friends because we studied in the same uni although we weren't dating then. We also set up our mini wading pool on our car porch for the younger ones to splash around after lunch. It was great catching up though I had to take leave twice to put Brandon down for his naps.

At night, just as we thought we could wind down, the doorbell rang and lo-and-behold, my confinement lady (with Brandon, the better one not the one whom I sacked) was at the door. She was in the neighbourhood so popped by to see Brandon. We chatted for a good hour or so before she left. It was close to 8pm by then so I quickly gave Bryan his bath and VT & I sat down for a dinner of claypot chicken rice with chicken soup.

I was totally washed out by the time I was in bed. It didn't help that Bryan refused to lie still and neither did he stop talking to himself. Two hours must had passed and that boy was still awake despite yawning a few times. I finally threatened to walk out of the room if he didn't lie down, keep still and close his eyes. Which he did, and promptly fell asleep less than a minute after. Shows you how tired he was but was reluctant to sleep.

Well, that was my weekend. What were you up to?

6 comments:

chooi peng said...

you every week also so happening huh!!!
btw, the train is really amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

the CL no need work meh? got time to yik yak with u for 1 hour ah? the new mama no need eat dinner and have ur CL to jaga bb meh? hehehe

Anonymous said...

weekends will never be the same once we hv kids...n our friends hv kids...etc

Health Freak Mommy said...

I was at PJ Hilton too on Sunday. I've seen the trains display for 3 consecutive years, very impressive! Your weekends and holidays are always so happening hor?

Irene said...

happening lady. apa nak buat. hahaha!
man, i jus wish the kid wud jus sleep wen we ask them to, haih... wen ask to sleep, can lepak for hours wan wor. damn keksim man!

LHS said...

i saw the train photo in one blogger mama's blog, yeah, it's impressive!