Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Friday 27 June 2008

An Ob-Gyn Visit

I'd just returned from a scheduled visit to the ob-gyn - every 7-10 days now. Today's visit was a particularly interesting one. My appointment was scheduled for 3pm but the ob-gyn was no where to be found when I arrived. His receptionist told me that he was called away for an emergency C-section. What to do? Wait lor...I'd noticed that there was only one lady ahead of me, ok so that wasn't too bad. So I'd waited, and waited and waited.

The first hour and I was through reading all the magazines there were in his clinic. I popped out to buy The Star since I didn't get a chance to read it yet. That kept me entertained for the next 45mins. The lady who was ahead of me was obviously not the reading sort as all this time, she was either talking to her husband or staring into space. Then there were 2 other ladies who had a girl (probably around 3yrs) and a boy (2yrs because I'd asked). They started playing with each other because they were obviously bored with the waiting. The more they played, the louder they got and then they started chasing each other. I watched with amusement as it reminded me of Bryan (and how thankful that I didn't bring him along, else situation even more jia lat). Anyway, the kids then started playing near Lady #1 and suddenly, her husband pushed them away and said, "Stay away from her". Lady #1 chirped in, "What's wrong with you, children?" and gave them a glare.

GEEZ!! What's wrong with them? Being expectant parents, I would have thought that they would have learnt that tolerance is the ONE virtue that need to be had. Plus you can't really blame the kids for entertaining themselves. Sure, they were screaming in excitement at one point, but give them a break - they are only kids. Luckily, they are not my kids else this couple would have kena kau-kau from me.

Seriously, would you have responded that way?

P/S: By the way, I finally saw my ob-gyn after waiting for close to 2 hours, and all for a 2min visit. All is well with my Baby #2. Approx weight 2.8kg now, which was Bryan's birth weight.

11 comments:

jazzmint said...

eh that lady #1 is preggy or she just checking the other ob-gyn stuff? so harsh one..gila mann

michelle@mybabybay said...

Wow 2 hours, you must be very patient. I probably will come back next time.

Anonymous said...

what the fark! i wld tell her off too! and why did the mummy of the kids keep quiet only!

Unknown said...

I feel sorry for that lady's future baby. She's going to be one fierce mummy!

Anonymous said...

Mmm.. I guess they exhausted all their tolerance waiting for the ob-gyn. Kesian the kids.. kena buta-buta.

LittleLamb said...

edd getting near...
hope all is well n fine..:)

Anonymous said...

Aiyoh, my appt always end up having to wait close to 2 hours even after making the appt weeks in advance. :S

That lady must be having her 1st child? Later then she will know lor... or else her kids will suffer...

chanelwong said...

aiyo..they are kids only mar....

Anonymous said...

That's like hormones going all the way thru the roof man! But still, it doesn't explain her hubby's behaviour.

Anonymous said...

ehyee...i really pity her kid(s). No playing, no screaming, no having fun at home.

slavemom said...

Well, there're lots of weird ppl in this world. Or maybe there's a valid reason - she'd go on flames if touched by children. hahaha
Wk 36 edi, rite? Soon, soon. :)