Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Thursday 19 June 2008

There Is A Lot More Love to Go Around

As you know, Bryan is cared for by my MIL, or his "Ah Ma" whom unfortunate for me, Bryan also calls her "MaMa". Because of that, I'd started addressing myself as "Mummy" with Bryan, hoping that he will call me that instead to avoid any confusion. There was one night when we'd were driving out of my PILs house driveway when Bryan called out, "Mama". As usual, I would go, "Yes, Bryan?". And then to my surprise, he said, "No, no, no". Then my maid told me that he was referring to my MIL who waving at him. My heart sank right to the bottom of my feet. It was a very sad moment, that for once, Bryan was calling someone else so fondly, whom was not me. That was about 3 weeks ago.

Bryan has generally been more sticky to my MIL at nights as well - demanding that she carries him into my car when it's time to go home, or running to her first if he falls down and knocks his head. The first few times, of course I sakit hati lor. But then again, it's probably a blessing in disguise since #2 will be making his appearance soon. So it's a good thing that he is less clingy to me, except on weekends when his granny is not around.

It is a good thing that Bryan has so many people who loves and adores him. Afterall, my MIL spends a lot more time with him than I do so it is only natural that he is close to her. Better a relative than someone else, I supposed. At the same time, I'd also realised that my little boy probably has enough love to go around, who said you can only love one person at a time?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dont worry, at the end of the day, you're the one he will look for. Last time I was the same way when Ivan preferred the maid, mainly because she was the primary caretaker for him while we're all at work. Now ah, you ask him to sleep with the maid also he refuse la... :D

Anonymous said...

The love Bryan feels for you is most likely different from what he feels for his grandma. I know how you feel, dear...but soon he'll come running into your arms. I just know it :D

jazzmint said...

don't worry bout this PL. I have this issue all the time when Faythe doesn't want to go home at night, you'll get used to it and like you mention, it's actually blessing in disguise for no. 2, at least u can spend some ME time with no. 2 hehe

slavemom said...

Like u said, it's better he's close to granny than some1 else, say the maid, rite? Just enjoy this 'unclingy' time while it lasts (and it usually doesn't). hehehe

Anonymous said...

u will always be his MiMi. so no worries. its gd that he has MaMa, when 2nd one comes, at least u wont feel that he gets less attention from u.
Mama sayang wor, good ma!

Mamalina said...

If you feel sakit hati, which all of us do when our baby prefer someone else, just try to spend quality time with him. Take a few days leave before baby no.2 comes to just be with Bryan. I'm sure it'll be a very special time.

When baby no.2 comes, you may be too busy and tired.

Mommy to Chumsy said...

bryan spends a lot time with his ma ma so of course he would cling to her more often :) but at the end of the day...his mummy is still the best ;)

LHS said...

yeah, it is blessing in disguise, at least he will show less jealousy and less clingy to you.

Sasha Tan said...

dun worry la. I dun need to say more, so many good advice up there edi. :)

chanelwong said...

Dont worry..he still love you a lot...He knows you are is Mummy...

Anonymous said...

Mommy is always the greatest... At least you'll know he won't be so sticky when #2 arrived... make job easier.

Vivianz said...

you are so blessed! :) I hope my girl is not so clingy to me, well, at least not this much.

Anonymous said...

Like the other said, don't worry abt Bryan favoring your mIL over u.
Last time my B also favor my mom over me. Now he sticks to me like kor-eok (medicated plaster).

Btw, u in Penang meh?

Peridot&Sapphire said...

shooi, paik ling in PJ la... not Penang lang... hehe...

Well, I was exactly having the same feeling like yours and En En started to call "mama" when she's 7 months old and MIL said she's calling her and not me... how sad it was! So, En En got to call me mummy lorr... but luckily it's only another 2 months for her to call "mummy" but come to think of it... it's a blessing that so many people loves her... and I only realized that no one can replace mummy in their heart! Trust yourself this is the nature bonding...