Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Friday 1 February 2008

Love Is In the Air

Last Saturday, we attended an surprise engagement party (surprise to the bride-to-be lah) planned by the groom-to-be, Terrence who I've known since pimary school days. Finally, he proposed to his girlfriend of many years. He planned the whole setup which involved a yatching experience, proposal somewhere in the Straits of Malacca, a 1.11 carat diamond ring (jeepers!!!!) and champagne, which I allowed myself to sip about 0.1ml.

The party was held at the Royal Selangor Yatch Club in Port Klang. It took us more than 45mins to get there due to the traffic. Good thing is that my mother is from Klang so I know my way around the town. It was a blistering hot day but Bryan was oblivious to it. He was happily running around the compound which is built on stilts, being chased by my friend's 2yr old daughter and essentially, getting in people's way. We had to wait for an hour for the lovebirds to return from sea, do the whole "Surprise" thing, take photos before we were seated for lunch. I was feeling extremely tired that day so poor VT had to do all the running around. At the end, I couldn't decide who perspired more - VT or Bryan!

On the romance front, it is so nice to see 2 people in love and made me reminisce about my own proposal. Seemed like such a long time ago! I'm now looking forward to attending their wedding, which I heard, is slated for 2009.

Family potrait (hate my arms!!)



Bryan on the run!



Notice his red cheek caused by the heat?



The newly engaged, Terrence and Jacqi

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

how romantic! ur fren must be very loaded hor..hihihi..

Mamalina said...

Wow! That kind of proposal is hard to beat. it's so nice to hear about it =D.... I'm sure the wedding will be fabulous!

jazzmint said...

wow proposal already on the yacht!!

hey u look great in that pink baju ;)

JK said...

Did the proposal bring tears to the bride to be? It's so romantic.

Chinneeq said...

Paik Ling, can see u are gaining some weight now. How r u getting on now?

Mommy to Chumsy said...

oooo...how romantic :D nice family portrait :D wait till you see my arms...you will faint!

Health Freak Mommy said...

That's really very romantic! How lucky the girl is... *envious*

slavemom said...

Errr... the guy must be so confident his proposal will be accepted. hehehe So romantic like in the movies. U guys were part of the cast eh?

Anonymous said...

wishing you and your family a prosperous new year!

Anonymous said...

Are you sure Jacqi did not suspect one bit? So everyone but her knew about it? Very romantic and very Hollywood -movie like....geez... now you've made me think about my own wedding proposal...

JK said...

Happy CNY to you and your family.

Angeleyes said...

wah so lomantic!
Don't think my hubby will go to that extend! LOL

Jacqi is such a lucky gal!

Kelly said...

Wow! Very thoughtful guy! How lucky the bride-to-be!!