Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Tuesday 15 July 2008

And Another Update

Bryan
About 95% of the membrane has fallen off - either while he was tossing around in bed or during the day when he's bumping himself against the couch. The new skin is red and sensitive to touch (I think!) but don't think it's painful. His next follow-up appointment with Dr Isa is on Thursday. Let's pray that the doctor has good things to say about the progress. And fingers crossed, we can give him a bath soon!

We brought him to The Gardens yesterday, seeing that it's a weekday hence safe to bring him out (we fear an infection from crowded areas) and his expression was priceless. He was running about and shouting "Wow" or "Yay" alternatively. I bet Bryan was really happy to be out after being cooped up in the house for so many days. Mummy & Daddy were grateful for the distraction as well.

Mummy
As luck has it, I had a sore throat last Thursday, which developed into fever, cough & cold over the weekend. My PILs were on holiday in Thailand the same weekend so it meant I couldn't park Bryan at their place to recuperate. I've been steadily taking Benadryl and Piriton. At least they help me sleep better at night.

I'd also just returned from a routine check-up at the ob-gyn. Zero dilation. The ob-gyn has ordered me back next Monday and if situation remains the same, I would need to be induced as the level of amniotic fluid is decreasing slowly. I'm now praying that the little one will show himself soon so that I don't need to be induced. Anyone experienced something similar before? Maybe the little one is waiting for Mummy to get well so that she has the energy to heave and push? :)

18 comments:

Health Freak Mommy said...

We'll almost in the same boat. I cant bring Baby C to crowded place too often as she's on long term antibiotics, thus immune system may be a tad low. When we get to go shopping, Baby C & I are really happy, like we're out from prison!
Good luck to you, hopefully your lil one will make his appearance soon!

slavemom said...

What a big relief Bryan's recovery is going vy well.
I guess bb's gonna pop out any time yeah. Here's wishing you a safe n smooth delivery. Do keep us informed ok.

Chinneeq said...

Paik Ling, when i was carrying qiqi, i had very low amniotic fluid too. Dr suggested to induce her birth at 36+weeks, which I really regretted my decision now. If the situation is not alarming, you might wanna hold on to at least 38 weeks (so that less complication on the baby). Just my personal opinion.

Anonymous said...

So good that Bryan's healing fast.

Are you due already? I also dread it if baby's late..

LHS said...

same situation when i was carrying Jo. low amniotic fluid and zero dilation even at 39+ weeks, ended up i forced to be induced. Not a good experience for Jo...he didn't give us a loud cry when he came out from my tummy, sigh..really a long story to be shared here.

glad to hear that Bryan is getting better :)

you take care..

KittyCat said...

Hahaha...if Bryan can go "Wow" and "Yay", then he's definitely back on track!

It's common to have low amniotic fluid as you approach the 40th week (which is the max) and I think gynaes nowadays tend to be on the cautious side.

Do rest as much as you can now or as much as Benadryl will let you :) You never know when it'll happen!

I was shopping for CNY goodies in Tesco when the pains started...and boy, did I regret not staying home to nap :P

All the Best

LittleLamb said...

All the best ya...
if i were u, i just follow doctor recommendation.

take care n hope bryan recovering faster than before.

Lemonjude said...

Glad that Bryan is getting better and almost back to himself. Yeah, we should not treat them as a sick kid anymore infact bring back to their ownself.

U too take care, just take doc advise for your own and baby good. To me 38+ weeks baby is quite mature already..

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to read that Bryan is definitely on the way to full recovery soon! And just in time to say hi to the little one too, soon! :D

Take care sweetie.

michelle@mybabybay said...

Hope Bryan have a speedy recovery and you take care too!

chanelwong said...

glad he is well now...

yup..maybe...baby is waiting for mummy to get well first then only come out...

mom2ashley said...

glad to hear that bryan is improving by the day *phew*
For both my pregnancy, my labour was induced. For the 1st one, doc said if I showed no signs by expected date, she was going to induce which we were fine with it. For the second one, I was already 4cm dilated and instead of waiting for another day or two, we decided that my labor be induced. So far, all went well :P
Good luck yea!

Angeleyes said...

So happy that Bryan is back to his active and happy self!

Try to stay as late as you can as I think 38th week is safer for baby to come out... less complications like what some said...

Anyway, I can't wait for the good news!

Anonymous said...

Glad to know Bryan is ok now!

jazzmint said...

good to hear that bryan is ok now...and congrats for the arrival of brandon ;)

Sasha Tan said...

*looking at Jazz's comment* I think baby is here already! congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Paik Ling! Just heard about the arrival of baby Brandon :)

Can't wait to see cute newborn pics...rest well!

And happpy colostrum feeding until the milk comes in :)

LindaLow said...

Congrats on the arrival of baby Brandon:) Take care and lotsa rest ya...Looking forward to see your BB picture:)