Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Friday 11 July 2008

An Update

Firstly, thank you sooooooo very much for all the support, love, kindness and courage that everyone has given us. I have not met 90% of you all and yet, the level of concern shown outweights many others whom I'm known all my life. PLUS not not mention other bloggers whom I've never spoken to before. THANK YOU!!!

We brought Bryan back to DSH for a check-up yesterday with the plastic surgeon, Dr Isa Omar. His wound is recovering well and the membrane has dried up. It's starting to itch and I've cautioned Bryan not to scratch it. He did it once and it was painful so after that, he stopped doing it. There's a cream to apply but I don't know how much it would help though I'm also reluctant to give him any more oral medication which will cause him to be drowsy. The poor boy was already sufficiently high on morphine over the weekend.

Some new skin has started to show itself - it looks very raw and red. It's a challenge also trying to keep him clean since he's always perspiring from running around. We keep having to mop him down since we can't bathe him and letting him wear the biggest singlet we can find (and use rubber bands to hold it up - at least it's cooling). The good news is that Bryan is back to his usual playful self and his appetite is back to normal as well.

When I wake up everyday and I see Bryan looking at me (he's usually the one who wakes me up by probbing my eye), I thank God for all His Blessings and for giving this hopeless mother a second chance. Sometimes, you sweat the small stuff (in my case, about Bryan being hyper-active & not napping during the day) that you lose sight of what is most important in our lives. God has grounded my two feet.

18 comments:

LittleLamb said...

Hi Bryan's Mummy,
I'm glad that bryan is recovering well.

Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness he's recovering well and so quickly. It's true we worry over trivial matters, it's these incidents that make us realise how precious life is... seriously, after hearing 2 mothers with their sons scalded, I am ever so careful with my own.

Lemonjude said...

Glad that he is recovering that fast and able to back to his own self. We are under the same doc and same way of treatment.

For my boy he still not really back to his own self in complete yet. Since back home, he not talk at all, only "ee, ee, ah ah, oh oh" all those simple words that he use to speak he can't even say it out yet...and not really able to walk by himself...too weak

I started to worried on this now...

Currently on the wounds my boy is using Bactroban cream. It is a very good cream. The wound get smaller after using it..each application we put thick on it then cover with swab...

Becareful taking care on his hurt, make sure he not scratch and bleed. Also don't each ikan haruan (sang yu) and no soya sauce.

I will find out your mobile number and give you a call.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, dear! God is indeed great and He alone knows what is best for us all. He alone will gives us salvation.

Hugs and kisses to Bryan!

Health Freak Mommy said...

OMG Phaik Ling, I am sooo shocked to read this post. I truly understand your feelings and what you had gone through. Oh dear, I hope Bryan will recover 100% with very little scars and that he will not be traumatized. Hugs to you dear!

Mommy to Chumsy said...

i'm glad to know that bryan is recovering and is back to his own self :) don't blame yourself for what has happened, phaik ling *hugs*

Anonymous said...

It's a big relief to read Bryan is on the journey of recovering. It's non of yours fault, so pls don't blame yourself. Importantly he is okay now. Big hugs.

jazzmint said...

it's good to hear that he's on the road to recovery and really thank god for watching the family :). It's not totally your fault OK, accidents do happen. Always treasure the moment :)

Angeleyes said...

saw you go 'heeheehee' over my blog so hop over to see how you doing. So glad that Bryan is recovering so fast... hope all those scars will go away and he look just as handsome as before.

Like what the rest were telling you, it was not your fault...things like these can happen to any of us...

Take care and hugs to Bryan.

slavemom said...

So happy to hear that Bryan's recovering well n most importantly, he's back to his normal self. Yes, we always take for granted simple things like the kiddo being active, eating n drinking watever. Must be thankful that they're active n running ard healthily.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, glad to hear this good news!

Have a great weekend!

Peridot&Sapphire said...

Hugs to you and Bryan too! Glad to know he is recovering fast and back to his usual self. Hope everything will be back to normal very soon...

Chinneeq said...

oh dear, paik ling, sorry i din knew about it earlier. hope bryan is recovering well now. must be tiring for you, you too rest well yeah!

Mamalina said...

Since we couldn't meet up today, hugs to you and Bryan.
I didn't even read the whole blog properly yesterday and only re-reading it again today. I was too shocked the moment I read that Bryan was hospitalized for burns yesterday!

Last month, Sean played with the stove switch while I was washing my hand and not looking at him, and released cooking gas all over the house for more than 3 hours! We went up to sleep and didn't realize it. Luckily Sam went down to the kitchen for a drink in the middle of the night and smelled the gas and quickly open all the windows!

We'll pray for Bryan's speedy recovery and safety from now on.

I'm just really glad to hear that Bryan is recovering.

chanelwong said...

so glad that he is ok...
was worried...

mom2ashley said...

good to hear that he's gone back to his old self again... Take care and God bless...

Anonymous said...

very good progress! now u can relax a bit and wait for the birth!

KittyCat said...

Good to hear that he's running around playing again! He's obviously almost back on his feet again :-)

And I think you're being positive and pragmatic about the whole episode is helping a lot!

After all, kids do pick up their cues from Mummy, don't they? I think Lucas can sense something is wrong should his fierce, cement tower crumble a bit...

You SOUND like a reader - wonder if you'd like to do The Bookworm's tag while you wait?