Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Friday 30 May 2008

Early Morning Scare

This morning, I was woken up by Bryan whining a little (he does this thru the night - reckons when he pees). I checked the clock and it read 5:42am. As I closed my eyes to get back to sleep, I felt the familiar numbing kind of pain that I had not experienced for a while now - the menstruation kind of pain! The pain escalated quite quickly and in less than 2mins, I swore they were contractions! I got up from bed and paced around the room - no use. I drank some water and waited - no use. My panic level was creeping up. Hey, the baby still have at least 8 weeks to go!

Suddenly I felt the urge to do a "big business" so on the throne I sat to relieve myself. If you've read my 1st labour story, you will recall that I had to do the "big thing" just before I went into active labour. By then, I was contemplating on waking VT up. This couldn't be it, I thought. I have not done any preparations yet - there are baby clothes to be washed, hospital bag to be packed, baby cot to be set up, baby bottles to be cleaned, a breastpump to be bought/borrowed - I am simply unprepared now!

After finishing, I decided to lie down on my side a while and thank goodness, the pain started to subside. Soon after, I must have drifted off to la-la land.

Thanks to Mr (Mrs) Braxton Hicks, my adrenalin level hit quite a high this morning! I think I had better stop my lengah-lengah-ing and start with the preps!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

u better quickly go get your nest ready NOW. and better dont lan gai, only when it is necessary.

Chinneeq said...

scary experience, Paik Ling!! Funny i do not have any Braxton Hicks until now, even in my first pregnancy. Or it is that i do not recognise it?

I have more 6 weeks to go...haha...

Anonymous said...

aiyoh... better check with ob-gn coz I have that feeling last time and guess what? It is contraction and baby want to come out at 32nd week!

Vivianz said...

wah... coming out soon arr??? So nice!!!

Mommy to Chumsy said...

wow...8 more weeks to go??? real fast eh? :D

Anonymous said...

Scary huh... better prepare the things early lah, after the 7th month anything can happen man :P Baby's ready to come out of the oven *hehe*

Mamalina said...

PL.. you gotta rest a lot.. no more exerting yourself, unless you want the baby to arrive early.

jazzmint said...

aiyo.sungguh menakutkan...tell baby don't come out yet ok, at least for 2 more weeks hehe...

slavemom said...

That shld kick-start the preparation process. :) So I guess much hv been accomplished by now.

Anonymous said...

God has strange ways to get you to do stuff eh? Hugs to you...