Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Thursday 15 May 2008

Our Little Get-a-Way

Here's the post that you have been waiting for.
VT and I went away for 3days/2 nights to BALI.

We flew via Air Asia and my-oh-my, I wouldn't recommend the 3-hour flight for preggies as my back almost broke. I was even willing to pay for a pillow, but they had none. At least on the way there, we managed to get the whole row to ourselves so I slouched and tried to ignore the backache.

Day 1
The driver from The Ahimsa was already waiting for us at the arrival hall, with our names nicely printed on a shout-out board. We were pampered with ice-cold towels and a bottle of mineral water each for the quick 10 minutes drive to the villa in Jimbaran. Now, the villa was really something. The villa is designed with maximum air-flow and generous open spaces, complete with a private plunging pool. The bedroom is the only area of the villa with air-conditioning, which also opens up directly to the pool. The bath has an open-air bath tub and shower with twin sinks. What can I say? We were truly pampered!


We headed out to Kuta for a late lunch after dumping our bags and oohing-&-aahing the villa. The villa even provides a personal van cum driver. After lunch, we walked around hunting for a shop selling Polo shirts, which cost only RM80 over there. Grabbed a few as pressies and walked some more....ok, not a WHOLE lot more as I was tired. So took a taxi back to the villa to rest before heading out to Ku De Ta for a lavish dinner by the beach in Seminyak. After dinner, we watched "Vantage Point" in bed and zzzzzzz........


Day 2

Breakfast was served in the private enclave of our villa (cooking was also done in the villa by 2 cooks, who promptly arrived at whatever time you preferred). After breakfast, this lazy mummy promptly declared that she was tired and went back to bed for a snooze. I woke up just in time for lunch, and upon wandering, found VT lounging by the pool reading his book. We headed back out to Kuta for a light lunch. It drizzled in the morning so weather was cool but not wet. Having been to Bali before, we did not do any sight-seeing hence walked rather aimlessly, stopping ocassionally for coffee & ice-cream.

We had initially planned to have seafood for dinner but ended up in Hard Rock Cafe, where I'd indulged in a pork sandwich. How to find it here, right? We lingered till 10pm when the live band was supposed to come on, but after 15mins of waiting, we decided to leave. I suspect it was because the crowd was thin (only 2-3 tables). Back to the villa to watch another DVD - "I Am Legend".

Day 3
We were both eager to get home as we'd missed our little boy very much. Funny how when we're with him, I whine of being tired and at times, frustrated with his never-ending supply of energy. But when we're not, all I did was to talk about him.

We bade good-bye to the lovely villa staff as I dreaded the 3-hour flight home. It was definately a holiday to remember as it rejuvenated me physically and emotionally. Afterall, there will be no more holidays in the next year or so!

18 comments:

slavemom said...

What a luxurious hol (must be vy exp too!) :) Got personal cooks samo. Really nice hor. It'd be a long long time b4 we can go holidaying w/o the kids. :(

Anonymous said...

how did u cheat ur way to the plane? AA allowed u to fly with them?
yoh, very syiok ler that place. i wanna go too!!!!

Peridot&Sapphire said...

this is definitely the luxury indulgence and you deserve it! Nice villa and I have always long to have outdoor bathtub and personal pool too... but never mind wait for a few years first...

Anonymous said...

Girlfriend, you are positively GLOWING! What a nice vacation.....and i am sure you enjoyed the open-air bath and shower! *wink*

Mamalina said...

You look glowing and gorgeous,Paik Ling! =D

The hotel sounds really heavenly. I don't know if I'll ever be able to go for a holiday without Sean. He's too clingy! But I'm glad you had a break before no.2 comes =D

Sasha Tan said...

I see a beautiful Preggie lady there!

Hub wanted to bring me to Bali when I'm 6 months preggie too. Let's see how...maybe i'll be senget like u too.

Chinneeq said...

Paik Ling, I cannot believe that u still able to travel with a tummy like this!!! So beautiful the room ler.....surely had a romantic gateway?

Health Freak Mommy said...

Wow, you are really keng lah. So heavily pregnant, yet can still go for a vacation with hubby! That looked like a real nice vacation eh?

mumbojumbo said...

wow... What a nice holiday!!! Don't u just love Bali eh?

chanelwong said...

soo shiok...go holiday!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, my 1st time dropping by from one of the blogs. I'm also wondering how you managed to get on the flight with a tummy that's so big already and at 7 months :S Did you bring a letter with you?

A well deserved break before baby 2 comes I'm sure. Oh by the way, I'm at 29 weeks now also, I guess our due date's quite close :P

Tutiger said...

Though this might be no more holiday until next year or so.... at least u really get a physically rested holiday, though mentally both of you were already missing your cute toddler..... that is the blessing of being a caring parents :D

LindaLow said...

Hi Bryan's mom, my 1st time dropping in your blog. That's a good holiday that everyone is dreaming of. You are smart to go b4 no 2 is out. Once out is difficult to move about:) Lots of things to bring:) I've waited 4 my girl to turn 1 b4 we go on a trip. I can finally go on my trip w my family in June. Hopefully it will not be too taxing for us:)

Anonymous said...

wow i heard about the villas from another friend before and was hoping that i would go one day...shall plan for next year i hope!

Anonymous said...

Envy-nya!!!!!!!!
That pte pool look so inviting!!!

LHS said...

wow, that's really a wonderful trip..i just feel like going there too...

btw, you look very great :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for dropping by! And I noticed that you are preggie right now and expecting a boy. 2 boys!!

So u definitely did the right thing by going for another honeymoon before bb comes.

Me, now, no more time for vacations. Dinner with fren also susah.

So enjoy your threesome family for now and your pregnancy! CHeers!

Debbie Y said...

i thought of cancel my plan to travel Bali. Now, you post has stir up my travel craving liow...