Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Tuesday 27 May 2008

What’s With the Bump

This Mummy commented that I have not been blogging about Pregnancy #2, which is entirely true. Why is that so? I’d thought of several possible reasons:

(1) Less excitement seeing that I’ve gone through this before. I did not once refer to my well-thumbed copy of “What to Expect When You’re Expecting” this time around
(2) Less time to fuss over Pregnancy #2 when you’re spending all your time chasing after #1
(3) I’m physically and mentally more prepared this time around

You see, it’s not that I treasure Pregnancy #2 less (heavens, no!) but the feeling is different, somewhat, somehow. I know what to expect week-on-week, how the baby is progressing and the do’s and don’ts. I’d recently had a laugh with my ob-gyn about how I would wait for 30mins to see him for 3mins, simply because I didn’t have any questions for him!

In addition, I thank God that this has been an uneventful pregnancy although I did go through 19 weeks worth of all-day sickness and lost a whooping 5kgs, which also explains why I’m only 6kgs heavier than my pre-pregnancy weight but in actual fact, I’ve put on 11kgs thus far. I did not suffer abdominal itchiness, unlike my first, which my ob-gyn cheekily pointed out that my skin is “loose” already :P I did go through a bad case of insomnia, something which I did not experience previously but the usual backache and breathlessness are evident when I lie down. And also not forgetting the copious amount of durian consumed :)

My only worry is that I won’t be able to cope with a newborn and a 2yr old toddler, but let’s not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow has enough worries of it own.

7 comments:

jazzmint said...

hehe..yah i get what u mean bout the feeling...simply don't have the time for all sorts of worry. somemore got experience oredi we know what's best.

don't worry bout the handling part lah....super mom ;)

chanelwong said...

dont worry..when time come..you will be able to manage it...

slavemom said...

Yeah.. don't worry abt the coping part. Your super powers will emerge when the time comes. ;)

Chinneeq said...

tired isnt it? preg with first we have so much time to enjoy and think. the 2nd one...haha....pening with the first one all the time!

Mummy to 'Elle-Ton' said...

it's so true on what you are saying about pregnancy #2. I am having the same sentiments as you. Sometimes I feel quite 'guilty' towards the #2 as I didnt spend as much time worrying/caring/experiencing when I am having my #1.

Hey, think we should meet up lah..so long liao.

Debbie Y said...

count me in...i'm having the same sentiments. Most of my time has been fully occupied by #1.

Peridot&Sapphire said...

yeah.. totally agree... expected what to be expecting... no fun horr... haha!!