Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Tuesday 18 November 2008

Less Stress

I used to be very stressed over, what now looked to be, small matters. For example, I would get stressed when Bryan doesn't nap or when he was being extra whiny and tearful. Sometimes I even got stressed when our schedule was just slightly off. VT on the other hand, would get stressed when Bryan walked around the house with a chocolate cookie in his hand, because Bryan will leave fingerprints all over our suede sofa. Additional stress is added when I don't get enough sleep.

However, after Bryan's accident, both VT and my own's view of life and parenthood changed completely. We realised just how lucky we should be to have healthy kids and as long as they are kept from harm's way, everything else is a small issue. I have to say that because of that, I really enjoy having the kids around me all the time now. I am less stressed and won't sweat the small stuff. And because of that, I feel that I am a better mother by paying more attention to both Bryan and Brandon.

For example, last Friday I had arrived home from Jakarta close to midnight although my plane landed just after 9pm. There weren't any taxis at the airport hence the queue was endless. On top of that, Brandon woke up every 2 hours to have his fill of milk (growth spurt). I was absolutely knackered on Saturday morning. Usually I would be very short-tempered and irritatable. In fact, when I woke up, I was all those things. But I reminded myself that both the boys are safe and then I didn't feel so tired anymore.

Life is just so precious, you know, especially the lifes of our little ones. I want to cherish every bit of it!

10 comments:

Mommy Lose Weight said...

we should count our blessings each morning we wake up to see our sweet lovely children sleeping beside us :)

btw, I would love to exchange links with you, do you mind? :)

jazzmint said...

ya agree with you. sometimes we just gotta close one eye. We will be a better person. Can live longer :P

Anonymous said...

I absolutely agree. Some little things aren't worth stressing about. And at the end of the day, we just gotta be thankful for what we have :)

Anonymous said...

like that ah, then u must travel every week so u wont be a grumpy old mom lor.. or how abt, u come my hse every wk for a night and viceversa? then we wont be so stress!!! LOL! or better still, we go somewhere nearby for a girl's night stay!

LHS said...

ya, you will be very happy if you have "take-it-easy" attitude :)

mom2ashley said...

I keep having to remind myself that- to not sweat the small stuff.. Then it makes us less stressful.....

Mommy to Chumsy said...

yup..you are right :D thanks for reminding :D

Anonymous said...

Absolutely agree with you esp now that poor Lucas is suffering with croup!

I'm up so late because he throws up each time he coughs...I HATE CROUP!!!

Anonymous said...

Very well said! I do "blow-up" occasionally esp when Bryan really test my limits. But i have to constantly remind myself that he is a kid, and tat's wat kids do.

Health Freak Mommy said...

You are right. There's nothing happier than to have healthy kids.
BTW, I've dedicated a post for you here :

http://healthfreakmommy.blogspot.com/2008/11/surprise-for-baby-c.html

Thanks for the lovely gift for Baby C!