Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Sunday 30 November 2008

Extravangance

I know that this is the wrong time to be extravagant. Afterall, my boss just told me that there will be no increment nor promotion (I had been hoping for one) next year in light of the current financial situation. As you know, I work in the financial line so I suppose I should be lucky enough to have a job.

Anyway, back to my being extravagant. What did I spend on? Wellllllllll.................last Friday over lunchtime, I took a stroll to the Louis Vuitton shop (the huge one in Starhill), browsed for 10 minutes and bought a bag!

WOW, you might say. Before you congratulate me on owning my first LV bag, I have to make this qualifying statement: The bag was for my Mum.

She celebrates her birthday tomorrow and this year being her 65th birthday, I had wanted to get her something I know that she would never get for herself. All this time, she has been sacrificing for the family and saving up for us - yes, even now so that my brothers and I can lead an easy life. So I definitely think she deserves it. I don't mind not owning one and buying for my Mum. Not only do I think it is money well-spent, but I even battled through crazy Friday evening, rainy traffic to drop off the present so that she got a surprise when she returned from Penang the following day.

What I've done is so immaterial, compared to all that she has done for me. Funnily, all the pieces finally fell into place after I became a mother myself and understand what a mother goes through. God made us to be amazing creatures!!

23 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

oooo...you are so thoughtful. your mom must be over the moon when she saw the LV bag :) so which one did you get for her?

i only steamed a choc cake for my mom on her bday....heheheheheeh. regarding your question, you don't need a mixer..just used your hand to stir it and make sure it's clockwise or anti-clockwise. no both ways :)

Anonymous said...

such a lovely and thoughtful daughter! ur mom will definitely be heads over the heels! remember to use ur canggih camera to snap her expression when u present the bag to her!

Irene said...

waaaaah, ur mom sure beams from side to side when a nice LV is presented to her hor :)

happy birthday auntie!

jazzmint said...

whoa...i'm bet ur mom will be in tears when she sees that kekek...vy thoughtful.

and i love the last para u wrote :), so true

michelle@mybabybay said...

I would love to see a picture of the LV bag. You really love your mom!

LittleLamb said...

I'm sure your mum will be very very touched..

Happy Birthday to yr mom in advanced.

U r a good daughter. Next time, both your sons will do the same to you :p

Ps: hmmm bank also no increment n bonus ar.. *sigh*

chooi peng said...

WOW WOW ... you are really a 'guai" daughter... LOL
any photo of the bag??

etceteramommy said...

I curious to know what's your mom's reaction. I'm also curious to know which bag you bought for your mom.. I'm also curious.. errr.. wait.. why am I so kepoh. :P

Anyways, every mommy deserves the very best in the world. I totally agree. :D

Kristie said...

i agree it's totally worth it!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure your mom will be so touched that she will cry!

You are such a sweet daughter!!!

Happy Birthday to your mom!
Remember to cook chicken drumstick for her! :P

Anonymous said...

Awww...that's so sweet!
Happy Birthday Paik Ling Mummy!

Chinneeq said...

hope qiqi will oso buys me one in future :)

LHS said...

no picture? hehe..
yeah, we never knew how tough to be a mother before we became a mother..you're such a good daughter :)

happy belated birthday to your mother.

Anonymous said...

first of all... That is a really rjoughful gesture. Secondly, where is the picture of the bag??:)

Health Freak Mommy said...

Aawwww... that was just so sweet of you. I am sure your sons will do the same to you in future... what comes around goes around! Yup, I'd love to have a look at the LV bag too!

Anonymous said...

That's hardly extravagance, my dear. It's something called unconditional love.
Any pictures of the bag? :)

NomadicMom said...

Good Daughter!!

slavemom said...

Sometimes we r reluctant to spend so much for ourself, but don't mind splurging for our loved ones. I'm sure ur mom's vy happy with the gift, altho she may add, "Why spend this kind of money?" hehehe

Annie Q said...

So sweet of you Paik Ling.
Happy belated birthday to your mummy. :)

Anonymous said...

I supposed your mom know what is LV? Later she thought just some kind of bags from Jusco then wasted liao lor. Happy belated burfday to aunty!

Anonymous said...

You're such a WONDERFUL person!

Almost every blog post I read about LV bags (or whatever super expensive item) is for themselves.

I'm sure your Mum will be thrilled her daughter did such a selfless act for her :)

Err...just don't tell my Mum ok? LOL

Anonymous said...

Or she'll start telling me ais kacang story...

Lemonjude said...

You are so thoughtful for getting her something nice...and she looks good with the bag. Great choice for your mummy and Happy Birthday to Aunty!