Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Wednesday 5 November 2008

A Special Day

So how did I spend yesterday?

VT and I dropped the kids off first thing in the morning and snuck off to La Bodega in Bangsar for their scrumptions English breakfast. For once, we didn't have to shove our food down or keep telling someone to sit down or wait. Breakfast was finished at a leisurely pace....even had the chance to browse through magazines while waiting for the meal to be served.

Then we were off to The Gardens to walk around a bit before proceeding to GSC's Signature premier class cinema. Guess what movie we caught? High School Musical 3!!! I wanted to relieve my teenhood, that's for sure, today more than ever. Each ticket costs MYR16 but the seats are very comfortable and the premier cinemas are all with twin (lover) seats, although the first thing that we did when we sat down was to put down the armrest in between us ha ha. When the show started (and ended), we were the only two in the cinema. It was like a personal screening, grand or not?

For lunch, we went to "Flying Chillis" for Thai food. I had a yearning for the steamed siakap with lime and chilli. Polishing the fish off, amidst another bowl of tomyam soup and stir-fried veg, was an easy feat. We then hopped over to Mid Valley proper to work off lunch before heading back home at 4pm since VT had a flight to catch at 8pm.

This year, I didn't receive any flowers nor presents, save for a lai si from my Mum which I get every year without fail. VT asked me what I wanted. Thought we could save some money for rainy days. I was hoping to get some flowers at work the day before but it didn't materialise. So I went to get some for myself! I believe that we are responsible for our own happiness. For a MYR30 bunch of flowers, I was happy enough. Besides, there is nothing happier than having a loving husband and two beautiful children, right?

19 comments:

slavemom said...

Happy Birthday to u! (again) :) Glad u enjoyed the day. Had the whole cinema to urselves samo. ;)

LittleLamb said...

wah so nice ar? both of you take leave n go park tor.....

very "sim mou seh yan" heheheheh

Happy Birthday again..Wish you all the best.

Anonymous said...

mine wasnt that great cause kids were not feeling well.. duh!

happy birthday again scorpion!

NomadicMom said...

Waaa.."ngau yatt"!
Happy Belated Birthday!

laundryamah said...

happy belated bday! Boy it s fun to go out during a weekday huh..

jazzmint said...

happy happy bday dear...sorry so belated, been so busy lately.

whoa, the whole theater by urself, good rite ;)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Wah...since you relived your teenage years in the cinema, did the TWO of you do anything naughty? ;-) ;-)

I like your style of buying flowers for yourself. Yup, I'm all for ensuring my own happiness too!

chooi peng said...

happy belated birthday...

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday dear... totally agree with your last statement. :D

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated b'day again! Your b'day is a day before my mom's. :)

You like that Tom Yum Siakap? I have that on my recipe blog! :P

Sasha Tan said...

happy birthday again!! hey flowers are nice and if we gotto get it ourself to make us happy, why not. Don't wait ler.. wait until neck also long haha

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! Yes, I agree..get yourself some flowers and make yourself not happy, but happy-ier, because your day sounds lovely as it is!

Mommy to Chumsy said...

ooo..happy belated burpday :) sigh....so nice to have some quiet time and slowly eat your food eh? great idea about the flowers. i think i'll go buy some for myself when my turn comes ....hehheheheheh

Mommy to Chumsy said...

ooo..happy belated burpday :) sigh....so nice to have some quiet time and slowly eat your food eh? great idea about the flowers. i think i'll go buy some for myself when my turn comes ....hehheheheheh

Irene said...

Happy Belated Birthday ! wahhhh.. so shiok hor. a day for yourself, we need to do tat sometimes lah i think, if not, too siao de :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect way to celebrate your birthday! Happy belated Birthday,

Lemonjude said...

Your special day spend off pretty well...agree with you having healthy kid is the best gift above all...

Health Freak Mommy said...

Happy Belated birthday to you. Wow, the breakfast really look good and heavy too! You're right, the best gift God can ever give you is a loving hubby and 2 beautiful, healthy kids.

Peridot&Sapphire said...

alamak! Think I'm the last one to know... Happy belated b'day! You are such a happy lady!