Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Sunday 14 December 2008

The Chatter Box

As the saying goes, "Once they start, they can't stop". Bryan didn't speak much before he turned 2 years old. He could say many words but only the first syllable and he couldn't string words together either. But right after we celebrated his second birthday, his speech development went through a quantum leap. Over a few days, he could say not just two, but three syllable words ("straw-ber-ry") and could string words up to form sentences. Looks like he has picked up his mummy's jabbering skills. On top of that, Bryan is now calling me "Mummy" instead of "Mama". Sweet, isn't it? Of course sometimes his incessant "Mummy, Mummy, Mummy" when you're trying to sleep, gets a bit annoying. Never theless, him calling me is the sweetest thing I've ever heard.

Some of his favourite words:

- No way (mind you, he does this while wagging his forefinger at me! Usually said in response to sleeping)
- Many toys
- Mummy buy toys (even though he previously exclaimed that he has "many toys")
- Bryan wear nice shirt go party (we did have 2 birthday parties this weekend alone)
- Mummy make more nen-nen (this boy can drink milk the whole day)
- Mummy go (to) work
- Papa fix (whenever his toy is malfunctioning)
- Papa carry di di (whenever he doesn't want Me to carry Brandon)
- Mummy find tape (referring to his misplaced "Finding Nemo", "Madagascar", "Shark Tale" DVDs)
- Mummy build house (with his Megablocks)
- Bryan go su(per)mark(et) mum mum, go toy shop (refering to Toys'R Us)

Such innocence - I love it!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha... you are right! I have a Rediffusion at home!

Anonymous said...

i have 1 chatterbox at home too! and soon ur Bryan will be calling u MOM instead!

Irene said...

haha... "no way" :P

my lil missy still not talking le. she will be 2 yr old in 3 months time. can't wait! haha!

Anonymous said...

awww... Now he is chattering away huh... So cute

LHS said...

soon your Brandon will call you out too :)

LittleLamb said...

awww sweet when bryan calls u mummy.

i'll take note on the speech cos i think Philip will be like bryan...speak after 2..ahhahaha

Health Freak Mommy said...

When Aly and Sher couldn't talk yet, I was wondering when they would talk. Now, I wish they'd just shut up and leave me alone kakaka....

slavemom said...

I'm now at the stage where I'm enjoying CE's 'chatter' and wishing XY wud shut up n leave me alone. *shake hands with Shireen*

Anonymous said...

awww... that is just so sweet! Incessant chatter from a young toddler is always so adorable....

2xMum said...

Haha... pretty soon I'll have a chatter box at my home! :)

Mamalina said...

That's wonderful!
Sean is just a boy of one word still, but it doesn't mean he's not noisy. LOL

Sasha Tan said...

wah he can talk better than jayden!

jazzmint said...

he sure is a chatter box eh