Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Wednesday 31 December 2008

A Year to Remember

As I count down towards the last few hours of 2008, I asked myself what is there to remember about this year. If there was one month that will forever be etched in my memory, it would be the month of July.

On the 5th, Bryan was admitted into DSH for this terrible, terrible accident. His scars serve as a daily reminder for me to be a better and more vigilant mother. It also reminds me (more like kick myself in the b*tt) to be grateful for the lovely children that I have. Yes, even when they cry for hours with no apparent reason or when they drive me up the wall with their antics. And yes, even when the older one still wakes up countless times at night. I shall be grateful, for it can be taken away from you with a snap of the finger.

And then on the 19th, I was back at the same hospital. This time was for a joyous ocassion. I told myself not to cry like I did with Bryan when the baby was delivered, but it was just overwhelming when the ob-gyn placed lil' Brandon on my chest with his umbilical cord still uncut. I stared hard at his face, trying to remember every single detail and the flood gates opened.

Two incidences this year within a span of two weeks from each other - one sad, one happy. But both relates to my being a mother. So, if you were to ask me whether 2008 had been a good year, I would reply, "Most definitely! Any year is a good year when you have beautiful and healthy children!".

With that, I bid 2008 goodbye and say hello to 2009. Bring it on!

HAPPY NEW YEAR, everyone!

9 comments:

Irene said...

A HAPPY NEW YEAR to you & family!

May the year of oxie bring you guys more happiness, good health & good wealth!

LHS said...

being a mother is never easy, however, you've done very well!

Happy New Year 2009!

Jacss said...

well said....we all grow more matured with parenting, didn't we?
happy new year again!!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Paik Ling!

2008 has been a bad and good year that I'm not doing a reflection :) Nice to know you though!

And I'd like to invite you to join in the Read-A-Book-A-Month Challenge :)

Cheers!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you and yours. May the New Year bring you lots of happiness, good health and fortune :D

slavemom said...

Wishing u n ur family a Happy & Joyous New Year!

jazzmint said...

happy new year. may 2009 brings you more joy & laughter

michelle@mybabybay said...

Have a blessed year ahead!

Peridot&Sapphire said...

happy new year to you & family... I'm sure your house sure full of endless laughter by both Bs!