Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Tuesday 23 December 2008

Japan, Anyone?

My mum has always longed to visit Japan for the longest time. It is funny because up to 5 years ago, she didn't go within 5-feet of sashimi but after some persuasion, she is a convert now. Anyway, I'd promised to take her see the cherry blossom next year. At the same time, I'd invited my Dad - thought it would be nice as a 40th wedding anniversary present. And then VT said that he hasn't been before so I'd invited him also. With the 4 of us going, what I am to do with my 2 Bs? Surely we will be gone for at least one week - I don't think it is fair for me to dump both my kids with my MIL for such a long period. We'll most likely end up taking Bryan for two reasons:

(1) He is old enough to enjoy it, not necessarily remember it
(2) He can eat whatever we eat so I don't need to worry about his meals, as long as they are cooked

So with those decisions in hand, now I need to look for a reliable tour company. I didn't think going on a Free-and-Easy tour would be a good idea although it would be cheaper. Afterall, I have two elderly parents to look after plus a hyper-active toddler. So, if you have any recommendations, I would be grateful for some advice.

P/S: If you're wondering whether I had a huge bonus pay-out, or if I striked lottery, it's negative to both. I think I'd just realised that there are somethings in life that I needed to do sooner rather than later, before it's too late and I end up regreting.

13 comments:

michelle@mybabybay said...

My aunt family is going on a Japan tour in March. I can ask her for info.

LHS said...

you can check with Chooi Peng, she knows Japan very well, so i think maybe she can give you some suggestions!

NomadicMom said...

Reliance got alot of tour packages....

Irene said...

ah my frens jus came back from Jepun, lemme ask her then i let you know :)

Anonymous said...

I also went Japan on a tour last time. With the whole family in tow, you need the agent to sort out all the logistics. If you cant find a good agent in KL, mine is based in Ipoh tho she has lots of KL clients. :D

Mommy to Chumsy said...

oooo..Japan. how nice :) never been there before.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Japan is one of the countries that I really long to visit. Love that country - the sceneries, the food and the shopping but everything is darn expensive there!

Kristie said...

it's really sweet of u to bring ur parents to japan for their 40th anniversary :)

jazzmint said...

wow, first 2, then 3, then 4 LOL...i'm sure u will enjoy the trip. Go check out the tour agent at 1world hotel, my colleague booked from them last year to Japan

Anonymous said...

i have always wanted to go to japan!!!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your vacation ya!

slavemom said...

Good decision! I'm sure ur parents r vy vy happy with this present.

Jacss said...

hi p.ling, been reading yr blog silently...
i'd just got back fr japan recently & yes, u definitely need to join a tour wif both elderlies & kid around plus language wise, it can really be difficult if u r on yr own. i was lucky to hv a jap. colleague wif us!
japan is really a very much diversed country from ours with "richness" in many areas so it was an eye opener experiences to my life!!
dun forget to try 'onsen' in japan, ok!!