Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Sunday 21 December 2008

Musical Tong Yuen Weekend

There was nothing musical about the tong yuen balls that my mum rolled up on Saturday night. I was, though, happily singing as I was home for dinner with my brothers and the whole jing-gang last night to celebrate this auspicious ocassion. This me, this is even more memorable than Chinese New Year because I get to eat with everyone in my family. My mum cooked her shark's fin soup, prawns and claypot seafood pot while my dad whipped up his ever-superb "8-treasures" duck. Sorry, no photos as I had forgotten to bring my camera. There were 8 adults, 3 toddlers and 2 babies. Needless to say, it was a NOISY affair. I was stuffed to the brim with all the yummy food and it wasn't surprising that I dozed off soon after dinner.

The musical part of this weekend was treating my mum and MIL to watch Mamma Mia - the musical, which is currently showing at Istana Budaya. I had purchased the tickets on the first day they were sold just to ensure that we got good seats. And good seats we got. The distance from the stage was not too near so that we were only staring at the actors feet, but near enough to watch their facial expressions clearly.

Backtracking, I picked both the mums up for lunch. Initially, I'd planned to take them to San Francisco Steakhouse but I think it has gone bankrupt! To think that I pass by that row of shophouses every day without noticing that the shop is no longer there. We then decided to proceed to the Eurodeli shop at Damansara Kim to savour their pork chops. Both the mums were very anxious to get to the theather early so right after lunch, we set off to KL. We arrived very early (read: 1:40pm and the show starts at 3:00pm) so we browsed around at the merchanises. I bought the programme, which is a must for me each time I watch a musical, and a latte mug for VT the caffeine-addict.

The musical is one of the most entertaining ever, I must say. The scenes are almost identical to the ones from the movie, so no surprises there. What was a really nice touch was the end where all the actors continued to sing and dance, drawing huge crowds to their feet - all clapping and dancing along. Thankfully (?) my mums weren't one of them. By the time the show ended, it was close to 6pm and we headed home - back to reality but with a spring in our step.

9 comments:

Chinneeq said...

so nice to have u as a daughter. Just got a LV, and now another nice musical treat!

we watched Mama Mia too, but from home.

Irene said...

the ticket price is keng le! and yes Chin Nee, very nice to have Paik Ling as a dotter. haha!

Merryn said...

wow nice.. da only musical i've been to was CATS.. now... no time anymore for all these luxury.. lucky u!

jazzmint said...

wow so syiok, all 3 ladies go enjoy musical

slavemom said...

Not oni r u a great daughter, u're a great DIL too! ;)

LHS said...

you are a good daughter and DIL too..:)

NomadicMom said...

Oooo. I loved this musical too!!!
It was great to be able to sing and dance along...
But it was towards the end lah.. .all the audience danced and sang. Meant to be anyway...

Mommy to Chumsy said...

how wonderful! heard so much about how great Mamma Mia! is. you are such a nice daughter/daughter-in-law :D glad all of you had a great time.

Kristie said...

u are such a sweet daughter and DIL :) yes mamma mia is a hit amongst us all...