Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Tuesday 30 December 2008

A Long Weekend That Was

We just had a long weekend over Saturday to Monday (being the Islamic new year). So what were we up to?

Saturday, the 20th

Do you recognise these beautiful girls?



Yes - that's me with Baby C and Sherilyn - the cutiepies belonging to HealthFreakMommy. Alycia is like the mummy, very photo-shy! I'd finally met up with the pretty, young-looking mother of 3. Shireen is also my SIL's pal from schooling days as the both of them are from Ipoh. Very small world! We met up at the Jungle Gym located on the top-most floor of Bangsar Shopping Centre. The concept is liks KidzSport I've been told. Per entry cost is RM28 per child, which was quite hefty to my mind. The good thing was that Bryan had his nap on the way to BSC so his energy level was tanked up to play. Lunch was at the cafe just outside the gym - food is great although we had to be seated outside which was kinda warm.

I like the gym because security is rather tight. The guardian's thumbprint is taken when we "check" the child in, and only the same person can "check" the child out by scanning the thumb again. And then there is a TV screen just outside which has CCTV covering the gym so that parents can watch over them. For good measure, I took turns with my maid to watch over Bryan while my Mum watched over Brandon. Poor VT was working on Saturday so he couldn't join us. We arrived home past 5pm and I hurriedly whipped up a quick meal of steamed fish and taufu with minced chicken for our dinner. Thank goodness VT was home by 6pm to take over Brandon.

Sunday, the 21st
Sundays are our usual mall-visiting days. Right after his bath, Bryan will proclaim "Sup(er)market" very loudly. We arrived at 1U and to our dismay, could not find a parking spot. So after searching for 20mins and paying RM1 to exit, we headed towards Hartamas Shopping Centre inside. In the process of car park hunting, Bryan fell asleep and I had to feed Brandon. There was a new TGIF which opened there so we decided to check it out. Again to our disappointment, this outlet doesn't have a "Kids Eat for Free" promo. When I asked the manager, he said that it was different for every outlet but I was never theless shocked because I thought it was one of their selling point. Then the Chicken Fingers that VT had was so small that we enquired whether they wrongly delivered the kiddies portion instead (which they say the did not)! VT and I have decided to boycott this TGIF outlet from there on.

After lunch, we headed to "Toys-R-Us Express" - it is just a smaller version of the normal & larger Toys-R-Us stores. Just as we went in, Bryan squatted down at the main aisle, in full view of other shoppers to perform his "big biz"! VT whisked him away to clean him up. Then 2 minutes later, I saw Brandon straining and making grunting sounds. So I wheeled him and passed him to VT to change, just as Bryan was wearing his shorts. Must had been the "umm umm" sounds that I was making when Bryan was doing his!

Monday, the 22nd
A few of us gathered at this mummy's house for a small makan-makan gathering. I met Michele for the first time. This wonderful mummy learnt balloon-sculpting from YouTube and made a dog for Bryan! Isn't she amazing? Then this mummy brought her giant swimming pool and all the kids had a whale of a time. I had to leave early as both the Bs were getting grumpy. I would have loved to stay and chit-chat with all the mummies. We cannot seemed to stop talking!!

For dinner, I made Seafood Tom Yum meehoon and had my PILs over. It was so easy, thanks to the ready-made paste. I think I shall make this more often. After putting Bryan to sleep, I had wanted to potter around the house a bit and spend some alone time with VT. But mana tau, I must had fallen asleep as when I woke up, it was 3:40am!

That was my weekend. How was yours?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

woah..that's a really busy weekend you got there. of course i recognise the cutie pies. did the lil one cry when she saw you :D

thanks for the heads up regarding the TGIF at Damas. I know I won't be going there cos no free kids meal...heheheheh.

I can't help laughing about Bryan doing his biz at the main aisle of ToysRUs....hahahahaha.

err..no photos of the gathering at jazz's? we didn't really go anywhere during the long weekend except dropped by at BV to get Ash's christmas present :D

Merryn said...

wow... bz weekend! mine was rather mundane with much time spent at home...

LittleLamb said...

Wow..Nice time for the kids to play at Jungle Gym..

BAby C looks so cutie in the picture with her hair pin up.

Anonymous said...

very happenning!

Health Freak Mommy said...

It was really nice meeting you and your family.
Your hubs so hands on eh? My hubs is the exact opposite. If my kids poo poo, he will tai chi them to me to wash them up, sigh....

michelle@mybabybay said...

Great meeting you and your family in another gathering! Tell me when you are in Penang.

jazzmint said...

wah liao eh, i thought i was vy happening, u lagi keng than me LOL..marathon kow kow hahaha

LHS said...

wow, you all people sure had fun!!

Have a prosperous new year ahead!

Irene said...

wat a great weekend! meeting up so many mommies! so nice :O)

hmmm the Jungle Gym like veri nice leh, but $28 per kid... yes, kinda hefty :(

slavemom said...

Full of progs huh. And met up with so many mummy bloggers. How nice!
When u wrote "Thank goodness VT was home by 6pm..." I thot u meant to say "home in time to hv dinner together." LOL

Mamalina said...

Long weekend!
Sounds lots of fun! =D

chanelwong said...

busy weekend but fun right....