Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Wednesday 22 October 2008

Almost HFMD

The Hand, Foot, Mouth Disease or HFMD in short, is characterised by a low-grade fever, ulcers/blisters in the mouth and on the hands and feet. On Sunday, Bryan was slowly burning up. He was still his active self during the day, but by night, I knew something was definitely amiss when he didn't finish his oh-so-beloved milk. Typically, he can sapu 9ozs with no problems but this time, he stopped at the 5ozs mark despite rejecting his dinner earlier.

I brought him the paed on Monday and he warned me that it could be HFMD after discovering an ulcer in his mouth. Oh dear, dear dear! Immediately I called up Sasha whom I remembered Jayden had HFMD a few months back. She advised me to stock up on all the soft food so I'd rushed to Mercato over lunch to get them.

Bryan's fever did not go away on Tuesday but neither did it go pass 38 degrees C. It just kept hovering at 37.7 to 37.8 C. It was quite a nuisance. The poor boy was losing his appetite and I worked hard in ensuring that he at least, had sufficient fluids. Somehow it was a struggle also trying to get him to take Para when usually, he would ask for it! Perhaps it was the ulcer bothering him.

Finally last night, the fever broke as he sweated quite a bit when he was asleep (at 7pm, mind you, having not napped during the day). Thank God it was not HFMD. I suspect it was probably a very tough strain of virus.

Now, both VT and I are sick as well- same symptoms: low-grade fever, sore throat and guess what, an ulcer in the mouth! I can now only pray that Brandon doesn't catch this bug from us!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luckily is just a regular ulcer... so we'll be seeing you guys on Monday!

Anonymous said...

gd to know that its not HFMD. take care and rest well!

michelle@mybabybay said...

Hope you and your family have a speedy recovery!

Mamalina said...

Get well soon all of you!

Glad to hear that it wasn't HFMD. That was scary... I wouldn't know how to spot it!

Anonymous said...

I just hate fever... hope all of you get well soon.

slavemom said...

Luckily it wasn't HFMD. Hope Brandon won't catch anything from u guys.

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear it's not HFMD! But it's such a strange type of flu, eh? Got ulcer some more...

I think it's a heaty sort of bug coz Lucas has been downing barley water by the jugs (he's well already).

Take care, you!

jazzmint said...

good to know that it's not HFMD