Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Thursday 23 October 2008

Still Down

I woke up this morning with a still terrible sore throat despite having started on antibiotics. I wanted to get well asap so that I don't pass the virus to Brandon, that's why i insisted that I was put on antibiotics. VT sent the kids to my MIL this morning while I went back to bed to snooze for another 4 hours! Even then, it was restless sleep as I was thrashing around.

I woke up close to noon, and made myself lunch - Campbell chicken soup, 2 half-boiled eggs, bread and barley water (boiled 2 days ago).

I shall go back to sleep now - joints are still aching and am feeling sleepy.

GOOD NITE!

7 comments:

Health Freak Mommy said...

So 'charm' ar, gotta drink barley water boiled 2 days ago. Tell you what. Why don't you ask VT to get you some lemons and a bottle of Bragg's apple cider vinegar (ACV). You can alternate between drinking lemon + Manuka honey and ACV + Manuka honey. (skip the honey also can as it can be quite fattening) Also gargle your throat with salt water throughout the day. Works for me pretty well, no need so see dr some more :) Get well soon!

Irene said...

gargle your throat with salt water, agree with tat. the other time, i know sore throat is coming, i gila gargle all the time. then nasib din come! phew!

Anonymous said...

I am also down with sore throat too :( Speedy recovery to us....

slavemom said...

Hope u're feeling much better after a good rest. Get well soon!

Anonymous said...

Get well soon! So you're on MC ka?

Anonymous said...

my best sore throat fruit: star fruit + salt!! work wonderfully for me.

Hope it work for u...take care!

Anonymous said...

I pop in echinacea + vitamin C when I feel a sore throat coming...

Just read that gargling with warm salt water can help keep the flu bug at bay too.

Not supposed to take chicken or eggs wor...(but we have!)