Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Friday 24 October 2008

The Culprit!

I barely slept last night. I tossed and turned the whole night. I'd thought I couldn't sleep because I slept too much during the day. When the day broke, I was so grateful that I could get out from bed. But arrrrggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! My throat was burning and I couldn't even open my mouth! I took my temperature - 38.9 degrees C! No wonder I couldn't sleep well. VT had to send the kids over to my MIL again while I took a lie-down after popping paracetomal.

My intention was to go back to the same doctor in SS2 that I went to on Tuesday since I've just completed the course of antibiotic. Wanted to him how come I was still feeling so crabby. But alas, the clinic was closed - perhaps for the long weekend. I drove to Sea Park to visit the age-old clinic that my late grandfather swore by though I have never been there myself. Although I was the 3rd in line, it took me close to an hour's wait. The average age of patients there was 70 so I suppose they had A LOT to tell the doctor. When it was finally my turn, I was almost falling asleep. The doctor is a very nice OLD man who also spoke very slllllllloooooowwwwwwly. He diagnosed my sore throat as tonsilities. No wonder it was so bl**dy painful! I couldn't wait to go home.

But since I was already in Sea Park, I decided to pack myself lunch from Soo Kee, where in my opinion, has the best wat kai in town. Then I swung around to the lane outside the now dilapidated Ruby Cinema to tapau coconut juice. It brought back a lot of memories as Sea Park was possibly the only place where we went shopping when I was a young girl. SS2 wasn't as developed yet and there was nothing like 1Utama or The Curve back then. Even being in Sea Park this morning made me feel more relaxed as the shops and the people seemed to have stood still in time. Fellow PJ-ites, do you know where this is?

Anyway, here was lunch - a bowl of plain hor fun, chopped wat kai, coconut water and a new pack of medicine of all sorts including 2 types of antibiotics. It's not fun being ill!

20 comments:

Mamalina said...

Aiyo.. hope you recover and feel better soon.
We usually hangout nearby at Paramount... lots of food places.

Anonymous said...

*slurpssss*

Mana itu wat kai?? I only know paramount there got the sunrise duck oni...

LittleLamb said...

i love soo kee also. grew up in sea park :p

hope u r recovering well..and fast..

have a good weekend

Anonymous said...

i now i know where the place is. next time we go sunrise for the roast duck ok! aiyoh, sick edi still can go ta pau wat kai, so good wai hau. take care and speedy recovery ya!

jazzmint said...

take care and get well soon. wahh...wen want to eat roastduck lah

Chinneeq said...

halo, can drink ice somemore ah??

NomadicMom said...

I absolutely lurve the chicken and hor fun over at Soo Kee....both my boys too. They call it "smooth smooth chicken". We MUST go have it when we are back in PJ.

Few shops away also have the famous chicken rice... We also kinda like the roadside chee cheong fun by the market....

Now...I am hungry liow.

NomadicMom said...

And then not too far away in O&S...the kway teow soup, the laksa, the mee yoke, yong tau foo, har kou chee cheong fun...

Aiyo...now I really "lau nua"....

NomadicMom said...

Oopss...too engrossed with food...forget to wish you "GET WELL SOON..."

michelle@mybabybay said...

Wow that's a lot of medicine. Have a speedy recovery!

laundryamah said...

alamak sick still eat that oily wat kai meh? actually hor shouldn't eat chicken cos very "duk"..i heard ppl say one la..(yes Soo Kee the bestest hor fun in town)

anyway hope u r feeling better now..

chanelwong said...

Get well soon.....

slavemom said...

Luckily there was the long w/end for u to recuperate. Fully recovered by now, I hope. N hopefully u din pass it to anyone at home.

Irene said...

wei kenot eat chicken rite, wen sore throat or is it wen ur coughin. hmmm. hope ur chirping fine now :)

Lemonjude said...

Hope you recover real soon. I know how it feel when you sick and tonnes of work and kid wait for you.

btw, I got an award for you. Collect it when you are ok ya.

Take care.

Mommy to Chumsy said...

oh...take care and speedy recovery to you. the food look so yummylicious!!

Anonymous said...

Wow...what a combination! I always firmly believe that when one is not well, eat comfort food. Whatever food that makes you feel better...soup, bread, ice cream...whatever la.
Get well soon!
Is "wat kai" like the Ipoh Hainanese chicken ah?

Anonymous said...

Hehe...I'm curious on what is "wat kai" also!

Glad you're feeling better :)

Anonymous said...

Willkommen im Sex-Community.


Unser Sex-Community gibt ihnen eine Alternative partnersuche nrw und vieles mehr,wie Heiße Live Chats
Hier im Sex-Community findest du partnersuche nrw sexuellen Vorlieben
Suchst du Heiße Live Chats , sicher bist du hier genau richtig.Gut,stellt sich die Frage,worauf wartest du?
Sexgeschichten erotik kontakte nrw ,anmelden .
Suchst du jemand aus Frauenfeld, vieleicht von Aachen, vieleicht aus Bockau , oder von Solothurn, vieleicht aus Arth? Mit Sicherheit ist jemand dabei.!

Anonymous said...

Willkommen und Hallo in unseren Sex-Talk.


Dieser Sex-Talk bietet ihnen eine Möglichkeit frauen kostenlos und natürlich vieles mehr,wie Live Dates
Hier im besten Sex-Talk findest du frauen kostenlos sexuellen Vorlieben
Suchst du eventuel Live Dates , sicher bist du hier genau richtig.Gut,auf was wartest du?
Flirt und Sextalk sex chat de ,schnell anmelden .
Du suchst jemand in Zug, oder Waadt, oder Baden , oder von Cham, vieleicht aus Genf? Sicher kein Problem.!