Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Wednesday 27 June 2007

Confessions of an ex-movie buff

I don't remember the last time I went to a cinema - possibly in July 2 years ago to watch MI:3. Or was it last year? It's so true when they say that mothers forego some memory cells to give to the child but I digress...

The last movie that I caught (and that was DVD at home) was James Bond..the one with Daniel Craig. What was the title again? Even then, I was picking up Bryan's toys and sorting out his foodstuff. I'd probably watched about 60% of the show but you know lah, this kind of show, no need to listen to every word. Fight here, fight there, kiss here, kiss there...habis cerita already.

Before I became a mother, I was a real movie addict. And so was VT. We were one of those who frequents cinemas every week and will watch the latest screenings. When I just started working, I recall queing up for 2 hours to buy tickets to Lord of the Rings because VT is such a huge fan. And of course, there was the familiar whiff of popcorn and the fizzle of Coke. My favourite movie days were Wednesday (cheap ticket day), Saturday midnight and Sunday noon. Of course, as I got older and work became more demanding, I had to drop the Wednesday movie days (can't get off work early enough) and Saturday midnights (fallen asleep watching trailers before the movie actual). VT and I still watched them on Sundays.

These days, I satisfy myself with weekend doses of Barney, Little Einsteins (love this one!!) and Clifford, the big red dog. I do miss those movie-watching days but you know what, nothing beats watching Bryan shake his bum-bum when he hears a familiar tune or the glee on his face. Now, THAT's what I call a good 'movie'!

2 comments:

jazzmint said...

yah..once u have kids...movie time seems so darn far away

Peridot&Sapphire said...

Agree! Our kids are our real-life entertainment now. They bring laughter & joys everyday, isn't it? By the way, I still squeeze time for movie with DH when En En was on holiday.... in my hometown... haha!