Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Tuesday 16 September 2008

Bad Memories

I read with horror in today's The Star papers about a 2 year old boy who fell into a pot of curry and had 50% of his body scalded. Immediately, it brought me back to Bryan's accident. I can still vividly recall all the sordid details - from the time the accident occured to the long 3 days spent at the hospital. I will always remember this as a lesson learnt. Now I am paranoid about the safetly of my boys. Better paranoid than sorry.

5 comments:

Lemonjude said...

Oh my...I have the same feeling with you too...mine 25 days in hospital...

The boy is like having 2nd degree burn. Luckily the curry is not in boiling. Really hope he can recover well..

Angeleyes said...

I was shocked when I read the news too... can't imagine why they let the boy go near those pots!

I am extremely paranoid on this kinda things happening and that is why I never allow darrius to come near me when I'm working in the kitchen.

Sue said...

Gosh, it seems after the hot water incident with Judy, and then yourself, that these scalding issues are occurring more frequently leh...

Irene said...

wen i 1st read, i was wondering how the lil boy can fell inside the pot? must be huge... sigh!

Health Freak Mommy said...

When I read about the boy in the papers, I thought about Bryan and Terry (Lemonjude's boy). I feel so sorry for these 3 boys and yes, eversince I read about Bryan and Terry, I hv been super paranoid too about boiling soups in the kitchen.
I hope Bryan's wounds are very much healed by now.