Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Monday 8 September 2008

Less Time, More Stress

Just when I thought things were getting better, the boys caught the cough at the same time and Brandon still only sleeps at 2+am every night. So much for being lucky! VT still does most of the night shifts because he knows that I turn into a horrible green monster if I don't get enough sleep and have to face an edgy infant the whole day the next day.

Last night was a good example. We had returned from a wedding dinner at around 11pm and picked Brandon up from my PILs. Byran slept over. I know VT was really tired so I picked up the shift. Boy oh boy! Brandon was fussing till 1:30am and I cannot tahan already since my eyelids were on auto-close, so I put him down next to me on the bed, and pat him till I don't know when because I must had fallen asleep before he did. Throughout the night, I could hear him tossing and making noise, but I'd ignored him and before I knew it, the clock showed 5:30am. I felt guilty and quickly woke up to give him his feed. I went back to sleep after burping him...not sure whether Brandon went to sleep though!


At 7:30am I could hear Brandon going "nyek nyek nyek". I turned to look at him and he was wide awake already! I tried to desparately put him back to sleep but with no luck. I felt like a wreck the whole morning until at noon, I gave him his milk and bath and he promptly fell asleep after that. Now it is almost 3pm and he has been up since 2pm. I walked around a bit and now he's left in his cot, making noises.

Looks like I won't be able to blog or blog-hop as much as I would like to anymore. In a way, I am looking forward to heading back to work next Friday to "get a break".

4 comments:

slavemom said...

Wishing the boys a speedy recovery! It's tough taking care of sick kids, esp bb. hahaha Can't wait to go back to work eh? But wudn't it be tougher? Not able to take a'noon naps but still gotta do the midnite shifts?

Health Freak Mommy said...

VT is sooooo nice and thoughtful. My hubs won't do the night shifts :( He says he has to work and I am a housewife wor.

jazzmint said...

hey no worries ok, things will only get better :)

Sue said...

I'm still headache over who will be taking care of Jolie when I return to work... I totally understand what you mean by getting a break when we return to work *phew!!*