Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Wednesday 17 September 2008

Sleep Training: Revisited

Remember how I was saying that I was getting such success from sleep-training Brandon? Well, he has been sleeping fairly well at night - knocking off around 10:30pm and sleeping to 7am the following morning, waking up briefly only to take his milk at around 2am and 6-7am. Now that I'm going back to work soon, I expect this plan to fall apart sadly.

Yesterday I was at my PILs place and it was time for Brandon to sleep. Unfortunately, they could not take Brandon crying (actually, he was whimpering) even for 5 seconds so they promptly carried him and rocked him to sleep. Worse, they did not put him in his cot until some 10-15mins later, even after he fell asleep! I can see all my hard work (and Brandon's tears) going down the drain. I feel very irritated and "mung chang" but I supposed there's nothing I can say considering my MIL will be taking care of Brandon during the day. Just have to swallow it lor.

What a pity!

8 comments:

Angeleyes said...

You know... my mom is in your shoes... she trained my nephew but when my SIL brought him back she will spoilt him..

Irene said...

guess kena sabar jer. or else try talk to ur MIL?

mom2ashley said...

ha... I so know what u mean....

Wen said...

dont worry, ur in laws can gau dim one!

jazzmint said...

i get what u mean. why not tell them that he can sleep himself, just put him down will do when he's tired. I did just that with Faythe and Vyktore when they were younger

slavemom said...

Sometimes no choice, can't expect others to follow our method, when they're helping us to take care of our bb. U can try to explain to ur MIL, that the training has worked. Whether they wanna follow or not (not every1 can tahan bb crying mah), is another matter.

Mamalina said...

It's ok lah... After all, your MIL will be the one who helps you take care of Brandon during weekdays.

Maybe just set a routine for night sleeping, instead?

Sue said...

Actually, I'm those person who kenot tahan the babies drying for too long also. But I think now my hearing is a bit impaired or I'm just so fed up with all the noise the 2 boys are making, if Jolie whimpers or cries (not like screaming) I will just let her be... teruk!