Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Monday 1 September 2008

What Happened?

What happened to my sweet baby who sleeps the whole day and is able to be left alone, without being carried and is able to fall asleep by himself?

Brandon slept so much in his first month of his life to the extent that I was worried! He would sleep until it's time for the next feed and then promptly went back to sleep after getting a good burp. That's why I had so much free time during my confinement to blog, watch TV and rest, even the week when I had no CL.

Of course, he grew up! Brandon no longer wants to be left alone and needs to be patted to sleep. To give him credit, he tried soothing himself by sucking his thumb but we promptly put his mittens on. He also cries until his face turns beet red whenever he wants to sleep for a few minutes before he konks off. VT is going to sleep-train him starting tonight else we are worried we end up with a sleepless monster like Bryan.

On the same note, that behaviour is very much like his kor kor, whom of late, had to be threatened to go down for his naps. I need to show Bryan a very stern face and use a firm voice, asking him to lie down and close his eyes. Those are enough to warrant him breaking into pitiful tears, which I would ignore, before he succumbs to his tiredness and falls asleep.

Why don't my kids like to sleep, like their mummy? Before Bryan was born, I could sleep 14 hours straight with no problems. I could sleep through electricity failure and according to my mum, earthquake possibly too! I guess both the boys took after their father whom is a night owl and feels that sleeping is a waste of precious time.

7 comments:

Sue said...

I guess one good thing is he's got a fixed timing? For milk and such?

Chinneeq said...

haha....me too, missing my long straight hours sleep ....

chooi peng said...

haha... sleeping is really like a waste for me!!

slavemom said...

Look at it this way, at least he made it ez for u in the 1st mth. hehehe

Mamalina said...

Oohh.. bedtime.. the scariest time of all!.. Sean has to be forced to sleep too. By the time I get him to sleep, I'm too tired to do anything else.

Irene said...

i dread those sleepless nites... sob sob!

Vivianz said...

my girl, has never sleep through the night since birth...argh!!!!