Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Monday 8 September 2008

My Two Boys Are Sick

Bryan caught the cough first abour 10 days ago. We thought we were pretty lucky to arrest it quickly by giving him some Benadryl, and after 2 days, it went away. Unfortunately, the cough came back with vengence a couple of days later and this time, Brandon caught it too. Which is not surprising considering the kor kor has been kissing the di di! I didn't have the heart so stop such affection!

Brandon had a fever on Saturday night and I didn't even know how much paracetomal to give him. I had no choice but to call my mum (who used to work for a paed) at 3:30 in the morning for advice. Ok - 1.25mls - now I know. After taking the para and some sponging, thank goodness his fever subsided. I still brought him to the paed the following morning for good measure. He diagnosed a mild cough and oral thrush. Unlike Bryan, Brandon absolutely despises taking meds. He will screw his face up when presented with both the syringe and spoon. Bryan on the other hand, pleads to be given meds because he likes to play with the syringe after that!

I pray for the boys' speedy recovery. Also so that mummy does not feel so zombified!

4 comments:

Sasha Tan said...

*hold paik ling's hand and be zombie together*

My son was sick whole night, crying and kicking hard (at my tummy). So basically we watched High-5, fun song factory, barney, elmo the whole night.

LittleLamb said...

Pray for speedy recovery for the boys...
I know exactly how u feel cos i just went through it myself!!

Sue said...

Hope the kids are better already... poor thing Brandon so small edi kena, have to take medicine.

KittyCat said...

Sorry to hear about this - hope Brandon's better now. Poor things!

Lucas was a VERY DIFFICULT baby. If I remember correctly, I used to show him the syringe and the bottles and actually explained to him why he needed them.

Guess Brandon is "programmed" to dislike the sight of them. I wasn't that patient either and wanted to give all 3 one after another.

My Mum said I'm maid and would give him one type, feed with sips of water and then bring him to see something fun before giving the next doses :)