Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Monday 3 March 2008

Running on Pure Adrenaline

Wow, I'd just realised that it has been two weeks since I last updated my blog. This is possibly the first time when I managed to sit down and reflect on the not-too-long-ago past.

To start off with, VT was in the Lion City for one week for a course, which extended past a weekend as well. I packed our bags and set up camp at my parents in the interest of safety and also company. My cousin who was visiting came over for a chat as well so the weekend went by pretty quickly although Bryan was very clingy and didn't want my parents to carry.

Then there was the usual work including a couple of "surprise" assignments which I had to get done in a jiffy. But work's work, so let's not talk about it here.

The contractors were called to our home to fix a leaky roof and to re-do the water-proofing in the toilets, both of which were causing watermarks to appear on our living room walls. That took up Saturday afternoon, and even then they will be back this weekend to paint the walls.

Last night, we attended our first wedding dinner with Bryan (together with my in-laws). It was held at Westin KL. I can't tell you whether it was a nice affair or not because I was hanging out with Bryan at the foyer 90% of the time. He was over-whelmed by the number of people and just didn't want to settle. Bryan was much happier roaming about the circular-shaped foyer and I managed to find a pen and paper to keep him occupied for a while. Then he wanted to touch the ice scupltures and pick up the rose petals that were strewn on the floor. No more weddings with Bryan until he is 7 years old, VT and I agreed!

In the middle of the night last night, I felt Bryan's body getting warm. I monitored for a while and the temperature kept rising despite being in an air-conditioned room. At 4am, I woke VT up to get the Paracetomal and we gave him a dose. His body was burning! Poor Bryan was tossing and turning the whole night and unable to sleep. An hour later, I sponged him down with tepid water and again, waited. This time, I could feel the temperature coming off slightly but made up our minds that if he wasn't asleep by 6am we will take him to the A&E. Bryan then fell into a slumber just before 6am, and so did I.

When he woke up at around 7:30am, his body still felt warm though he was able to take his breakfast and was his usual active self. VT & I still brought him to Dr Kwan for a once-over just to be safe. Dr Kwan couldn't find anything wrong so we're keeping our fingers (and toes!) crossed that it isn't dengue or anything more serious than a simple viral infection. My last call to check with my MIL was that Bryan's temperature was down to 37 degrees Celcius.

I decided to take a day off work to get some sleep, having not slept much last night. Our #2 was already protesting by kicking a lot so I managed to get a lie-down for 2 hours after returning from the paed's. Then I was off to Cold Storage to buy some simple meat and veg so that Bryan would have some "ching" (clear) meals this week till he fully recovers. And after writing this post, I'm back to my in-laws.

So sorry if I haven't been to your site lately. I'll do so soon, before my adrenaline runs out!

4 comments:

Angeleyes said...

It's quite scary when kids fall sick in the middle of the night... we have our share of frights before... especially when hubby is on biz trip!

Hope Bryan is doing fine now...

jazzmint said...

hope he gets well soon..

slavemom said...

Good that he's still his usual active self. Hope he recovers soon.
Hey, don't hv to wait till he's 7 yo lah. 4yo shld be fine.. when he's able to enjoy the food, he'll be able to sit still. :)

Mamalina said...

Get well soon Bryan...
When you're better, come over and play =D