Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Tuesday 11 March 2008

Why Must We Go Home?

We have never faced difficulties in taking Bryan home after our dinner at my PILs. It's a routine that after we change his diapers, he will take his nen-nen and then he will wave good-bye to his Ah Ma and Kong Kong, with a flying kiss added in.

Last night was a change. After his milk, Bryan got off the couch and ran around the house like a madman. Even when I pretended to leave without him, Bryan continued on his merry way - playing this and that. I'd then asked my maid to take all his toys into his room but no, he found the 2 Ikea stools highly amusing. This went on for 45 minutes before my FIL offered him a straw with an enpty cup, caught hold of him and strapped him into the carseat. Phew! What a struggle it was.

When we got home, Bryan usually obediently climbs up the stairs to the room. This time, he ran over to the coffee table where his crayons are, and started drawing on the art block. I tak boleh tahan already since it was past 10pm, so I took the crayons away from him and as expected, he sat down on the floor to wail. I ignored him and walked towards the stairs. He then quickly followed without a sound. Bryan promptly hit LaLa Land after just 15mins of rolling about in bed as opposed to his usual 45mins of settling time. Must had be all tired out LOL :)

I hope this does not repeat itself tonight. Perhaps it's only a phase. Anyone else who faces similar issues?

13 comments:

slavemom said...

Did he take a late nap or ate something extra sweet? Became super hyper edi. :D

Vivianz said...

yeah.... sounds like he had something sweet..... :P Naomi too!

jazzmint said...

looks like he had alot energy to burn LOL...

yah i have this prob with faythe don't wanna go home every other week. she'd just stick to mil and she even ignored me..sigh...it used to be pretty bad, but now i told her it's ok if u want to stay, just tell me. so she'd tell me, kiss goodbye...and she's done, but next day she'd wanna go home also.

i'll treat it as off day for me and one on one with vyktore :)

LHS said...

last time when jo was young, he didn't want to go home too after spending his day in nanny's house.but funny that he refused to go to nanny's house again the next morning..and, this kept on happened everyday :)

Anonymous said...

its very normal. make sure he does that again on friday night so he doesnt need to go home so u and hub and go watch midnite movie lor..haha...
maybe he played too much in the afternoon leh.. how about going home only he drink his nen nen?

Health Freak Mommy said...

Hey, you've been tagged :
http://www.healthfreakmommy.com/?p=1398

Sasha Tan said...

nearly everyday i kena.. hahahah

Sasha Tan said...

oh i belum habis writting, I just ignore him and let him burn his energy and switch off the light, then he wil climb to his bed and Zzzzzzzzzz

Anonymous said...

i think we all have a fair share of this 'problem'. some days when norelle refuses to sleep after her usual routine, i will just let her be and i will 'pretend' to sleep lor with the room pitch black and not even a tiny sound from me - usually she will doze off after a while. But then, there are times where she decides that the sun still shines at 10pm!!!!!!!!

Chinneeq said...

good also that Bryan loves his grandparents. at least u are happy if he enjoys there while u are not around...

Peridot&Sapphire said...

too many until I can't recall... anyway, Bryan is not so troublesome la...

Anonymous said...

Hi, found ur blog from Wen's blog. Ur little Bryan is such a cute boy. I think I also have the same problem as you. My kids at times refused to sleep even it is already 11pm and they are as energetic as before.

Anonymous said...

I think it's his way of showing his independence. Happens sometimes...it will soon pass, hopefully.