Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Monday 24 March 2008

This Sucks!

Just as Bryan has started to sleep through the night, well more-or-less, it's now me who is unable to sleep.

First, there is insomnia, which I heard occurs in at least 75% of pregnant women. Well, that's me contributing to the statistics now. I did not face this problem when I was preggers with Bryan. Now it takes me up to 2 hours just to get back to sleep whenever I wake up for a midnight leak.

Then, there is this chesty cough that I'd developed a week back. It started with sore throat and then developed into a dry cough, and now a chesty one. It got so bad that I'd lost my voice over the weekend. Over-the-counter cough syrups are usually Category C meaning they have not been tested on pregnant women hence effect is unkown. So I have been suffering, only able to drink hot water with honey and some soups.

To make matter worse, rest is elusive as my PILs went for a holiday and VT is busy at work. So I've been SAHM for the past 5 days. Thank goodness for my parents as I have been over at their place to kill boredom.

Come think of it, this is probably the latest time I've ever blogged. The thought of lying down in bed, tired but enable to sleep because I'm coughing my lungs out, is terribly depressing.

10 comments:

jazzmint said...

aiyoo...get well soon dear. do try the apple soup, it works on me when I was preggers and coughing my lungs off last time.

slavemom said...

I know how torturing insomnia. I was having blocked nose thru-out my 2nd pregnancy. And was having difficulty sleeping. Hope u'll get relief from ur cough soon. How abt bird's nest or cordyceps (to 'pou' the lungs)? But not sure if suitable during pregnancy. U better chk n ask properly b4 taking any herbs or medicine. Take good care!

Chinneeq said...

i am having sleepless nite sometimes too.....hey, dont buy over the counter mah....go check with dr :)

Mommy to Chumsy said...

Get well soon :D

Mamalina said...

Call your gynae to reccomend a cough mixture suitable for a pregnant woman. Having a bad cough is awful especially if you're already suffering from sleeping problem. Get well soon.

If you're home these few days, you want us to come visit you?

Anonymous said...

Sounds dreadful! I was wondering where you had been...not that I have been blogging much myself.
Have you tried manuka honey for your cough? It's expensive but it is supposed to be good. Do check with your obgyn if it is safe for pregnant women though.

mom2ashley said...

poor you...i hope you will feel better soon...

LHS said...

maybe you can think of stop taking honey, as what i heard, honey somewhat can trigger more coughs too if the person allergy to honey.

get well soon.

Health Freak Mommy said...

I had very bad insomnia when I was carrying Alycia coz I was on partial bed rest and slept a lot during the day. With Sher, also slight insomnia but with this bb, I can never get enough of sleep. Always feeling sleepy.

Peridot&Sapphire said...

poor dear... hope you are getting better now...