Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Friday 14 September 2007

Tag: 8 Random Facts About My Mum

Got this tag from Sharine - thanks! Somehow I enjoy doing tags (provided I have the time, and I do now cos VT putting Bryan to bed) mainly because I am an out-going person who enjoys sharing and more importantly, talking. But I digress.....back to the tag!

1) My mum is my best friend. She used to be quite strict and fierce when we were younger but has since calmed & mellowed down over the years. She has a very symphatetic ear and even if you scr*w up, she has some comforting words for you. I can tell her almost anything and I love spoiling her in return!

2) My mum is a great cook. As a result, I grew up with a discerning taste for food, particularly chinese food. She has a knack of tasting good food once, say in a restaurant, and able to re-produce the same dish at home - sometimes it taste better!

3) My mum is definitely not IT-savvy. When I was in uni, I recall receiving an email from her which didn't have full-stops, commas or paragraphing. I think it took me 15mins to decipher what she was trying to tell me! Needless to say, after feedback from me, she reverted to the good ol' aerograms.

4) My mum is the shortest in the family. No one is super-tall in my family (besides VT) so I suppose she doesn't feel so bad. I'm short too, by the way but still taller than her ha ha ha

5) My mum hardly believes in superstitions surrounding post-childbirth, ie I could shower & wash my hair everyday during my confinement period, and even go out. But she did cook lots of nourishing food for me to regain my strength.

6) My mum used to be a crossword-addict. She would spend hours at the desk with a thesaurus and her crossword puzzle. I'd noticed that she stopped indulging herself since she started caring for my niece.

7) My mum taught me one important lesson, which was to ask. So if you don't know, ask - afterall, it is free!!

8) My mum is MY mum, and no one can replace her - I supposed that's what makes all mums (including ourselves!) special!

No comments: