Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Sunday 30 September 2007

Biggest Mama of All

I've seen this many times before over the past 12 months, but somehow today, I'm seeing them all in one day! What am I talking about?

Stick-thin mummies!!!!

First, there was this young 20-s mum with her daughter, whom is about the same age as Bryan. She was wearing skin-tight shorts and heels. And mind you, we were at a Kopitiam at Wisma Atria, at 9 in the morning. And here I was, in a billowy out-of-shape fushia skirt with elastic waistband and a white blourse splattered with cereal from Bryan's earlier attempt to self-feed. Not withstanding the fact that my eyebags were so dark and big that I put a panda to shame.

Then later at lunch in Summer Palace, there was a utterly chic mama with not one, but two toddlers. Her hair was long, straight with not a strand out of place. She carried a fashionable tote and sunglasses perched on her head. Vastly improved from the fushia shirt, I was in a polo T and pants (which had a small pumpkin stain from Bryan's lunch) and I carry the usual big, blue Kipling bag stuffed full with baby amenities. My hair? Aside from the colour, it was as dead as it could be.

After an afternoon nap, we popped by The Curve for ice-cream. Needless to say, it was a world of fashionitas mummies who look so darn thin & good. I didn't change from after lunch, by the way, nor from after birth. I'm still lugging around 13 additional kilos.

I hereby present myself with the "Biggest Mama of All" award. Luckily my son doesn't know better :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

as long as u r happy with urself. that's all that matters right?
wei, i go to the Kopitiam in Atria and Summer Palace too. Kopitiam's nasi lemak very jieng hor..

jazzmint said...

hehe nvm.....i think u look stunning lehh...

Anonymous said...

You describe it so well albeit sans pictures, I can imagine it all so clearly! Show us some pictures then we can judge... hahaha

Anonymous said...

You are not alone...
I used to power dress when I was working and now only night dresses I'm wearing! LOL

My jackets are all collecting dust and probably some have become a good nest to the creepy crawleys..

slavemom said...

No worries. After u hv No. 2, u'll slim down vy fast. :D

Peridot&Sapphire said...

hmm... I know who are the one you were describing. But no need to feel bad la... you are always not alone coz me too. As long as you are healthy and strong, sure one day you will slim down and most people say after you get number 2, somehow with abit of determination... you are not too far from before preggy. Don't give urself too much pressure on this...

Tutiger said...

Well, honestly I might be the only guy commenting here :P

I am of the opinion that being together as a family is greater than looking good. I don't think you would want a hubby attracted to your looks or would you rather have a hubby whom would cherish you despite your looks and tells you that growing old together with you is the greatest thing in this world?

Feel great about yourself and be yourself. The extra kilos would be gone if they are not meant to be there :P

Anonymous said...

I don't know how some mamas do it.. but I'm in your gang.. Haih..