Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Saturday 6 October 2007

My Work Week Summary #1

Thought I start giving everyone a quick summary of how my work week goes as I really cannot find time to blog on weekdays. So Saturdays & Sundays are my only blogging days....and even then, only when Bryan is taking his naps.

This work week has been tiresome and tiring. Lots of people asking for this and that....sometimes, it's so simple but because they are so darn lazy, everything ask me to do. Anyway, no real complains lah since I really enjoy my job.

I had a couple of good lunches - took the regulators out and then yesterday went out with colleagues to Marco Polo to eat dim sum. Nowadays I eat whatever I want to eat lar...not too bothered with my weight although I still maintain a good appearance. Who says fat people cannot look and feel good, right? Actually, I'd made an appointment to get a makeover at Laura Mercier next Monday during lunchtime. WHY? I've got a dinner with colleagues from around the world and some I haven't met before so must make good impression lah kekeke. Some more some of them haven't seen me since the pregnancy so better look better so as not to shock them hahaha. Will try to take a "Before" and "After" photo - should be funny!

Then of course, traffic was sh*t as usual in the morning. Pay RM2 for Smart Tunnel also got jam GOING into the tunnel itself. That's because the Jln Tun Razak exit on the right is always jammed (I take the Jln Sultan Ismail exit) so many cars take the left lane and cut in at the last minute. Haiyah...what to do? Nobody is a saint right?

Do you find yourself more patient after becoming a mother? I sure do. I used to get easily agitated and irritated with small things, like forgetting to wear a watch to work. I suppose having a child gave me a larger perspective of life. Don't sweat the small stuff! I used to worry alot as well - actually, I still do but I'm more conscious of it now so I try not to. My mentor once told me this -

"Worrying is like sitting on a rocking chair; it gives you something to do, but doesn't take you anywhere!"

How true is that???!

3 comments:

slavemom said...

It's fun to hv a makeover n dress to kill. Do show us the pics. ;)
No wor... in my case, I find that I'm more hot-tempered after being a mother. Maybe coz the kids drive me crazy. LOL

jazzmint said...

wah so syiok go make over, make sure show us before and after ;)

Anonymous said...

I had a makeover done before, also right before a dinner. Enjoy!
And yes you are right, being a mother has made me more patient :)