Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Saturday 27 October 2007

The "High & Mighties"

This is another on-the-road observation from me. Told you that I’d spent a good part of my days, stuck in traffic.

Last night, as I was inching slowly (read: massive traffic jam) down Jalan Tun Razak heading towards the SMART Tunnel, I caught sight of some flashing lights. Soon after, I heard the police sirens and then I saw the police out-rider. He came charging down the middle of the 2 lanes and started waving cars to move to the side. Like the obedient citizens that we are, the cars moved to the sides, including yours truly. Then a black S-class Mercedes with its hazard lights switched on (and THEY tell us not to drive with hazard lights) zoomed past, bearing a crest instead of a number plate.

It really makes me wonder: how come I get stuck in traffic when they don’t? Is their time more precious than mine? Are they rushing home to put a baby to sleep like I am, or could they be late for a dinner engagement? Why can’t they experience the way of life like any other rakyat?

At times like this, migration seems oh-so-appealing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

y ya, lets go aus and crack there!!

Peridot&Sapphire said...

agree... sometimes feel why it's so unfair? And wonder what's their contribution...?