Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Monday 15 October 2007

Five Out Of Five

That's my success rate for putting Bryan down for his naps WITHOUT having to rock him. So I will say this:

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must really say that I'm proud of myself and of that little monkey too. It wasn't as tough as I had imagined to be, no tears even. What I did was after milk in the morning and evening, I will put him on our bed and let him roll around. He would be talking non-stop (bla, bla, kor, kor, grr, grr....it's amazing to hear all the noises that he makes - sounded like I was at the zoo!) and performing acrobts. But each time he tries to get up, I will put him back down on the pillow again. It's not exactly easy because I had to do this for what seemed like forever. After about an hour, he would finally settle down and let me pat him to sleep, while holding my thumb of course.

Although it takes a lot of patience and time, I am very happy that Bryan is able to sleep on his own plus his naps have extended themselves from 1.5hrs to 2hrs! Must be his non-stop babbling.

I don't know whether my MIL will have the same commitment to do this during the weekdays but at least when Bryan is with me during the weekends, he knows that his mummy still loves him although he will have to sleep on his own.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats leh

jazzmint said...

bravo!!! Now gotta go get some ice cream as celebration ;)

Tutiger said...

great job there mummy!

Btw, I am tagging you again... :) Hopefully I am not double tagging you again!
http://tutiger.blogspot.com/2007/10/tag-shopping-tips.html

Peridot&Sapphire said...

I find that work with en en too! So coincident... But got to be persistent lorr...

slavemom said...

Well done to u and Bryan! He's such a good boy that he doesn't insist on getting up or climbing down the bed.

Anonymous said...

The past few nights without my fat pig around, darrius has been a good boy, I don't even need to pat him. I just switched off the light and sing a few songs that he requested and he will roll and roll then in to lalaland. hehe

Huisia said...

holding your thumb? Feel more secure by doing this :)

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! How old is Bryan now?