Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Friday 19 October 2007

My Work Week Summary #3

This week at work seemed very short to me.

Firstly, Monday was a holiday. Then I went to Singapore on my usual business trip for 2 days and came back only 11:30pm last night. Then today I'm off so effectively, only 1 day spent in the KL office so it felt very short.

I've been and will be traveling to Singapore very frequently (at least once every 2-3 weeks) as I'm on a project till at least May 2008. So I'd rather make short trips so that Bryan doesn't forget me! All these 2D/1N trips are extremely tiring and tiresome because all I see is the airport, office & hotel. So far, I've been to Spore 5 times but not once have I stepped into a shopping mall or Orchard Road. How sad is that??! And to think that I can get a full night's sleep away from Bryan, but no........I still wake up 1-2 times in the middle of the night, sometimes wondering where Bryan is and getting a tad dis-orientated! It must be habitual.....just like habitual wakings for babies ha ha.

I have 2 more work weeks before I start on my 2 weeks of compulsory leave. The company has a policy whereby all staff needs to be on a 2-week stretch of leave in a year to allow other people to do your work. You know, in case you're embezzling money or something LOL. That's why we are given 30 days annual leav entitlement a year. I carried forward 16 days from last year since I didn't go away much as I was trying to do as much as possible before delivering. So quite shiok lah this year, been taking days off here and there :) Need them to keep sanity in check!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wah ur company so nice one ah?

slavemom said...

It's really tiring to travel like that. But like u said, better short trips than 1 long stretch. Cannot stand being away from Bryan for so long, rite?

jazzmint said...

ya i remember when i interview with HSBC, they too told me bout the sanity check thing..I kinda liked the leave...so many days!!!

bring his photo along and keep lah..then sure can sleep :), after all he's in good hands

Peridot&Sapphire said...

syiok la... got so long leaves... but travelling so frequent also very tired. So confuse, when you are away from Bryan, should be glad that you got good night sleep but then again miss him, isn't it? we can't really seperate from them for so long...