Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Friday 12 October 2007

Tag: Most Embarassing Moment

Received this tag from Angeleyes - thanks!

I got plenty lah....think I'm a sucker for public humiliation. But I think this one has to be IT lah!

This happened 3 years ago at my function's annual conference. I used to be a high performer at work and I often got recognised for my quality output. During the conference, there would be awards for such performers. So that year, obviously I'd expected to receive one. Of course, very excited & nervous lah because can go up the stage and receive the award from the Group Head in front of 200 people mah. When the time came for the Awards, they would usually read out something about that person before they mentioned the name of the recipient.

They read out this summary of a person who sounded like me - based on work done, values, character - so I got REALLY got excited. The more they said, the more it sounded like ME! They went on for about 1 minute and just about when they were going to announce the name, I was already so big-headed that I stood up and started walking towards the stairs to go up the stage.

SUDDENLY, they mentioned the name and it wasn't me!!! Wah.....I didn't know what to do then because I had 200 people staring at me already. Luckily the door to go to the toilet was near where I was so I cooly pretended that I needed to go to the ladies. Of course, my closer colleagues knew what happened and teased me endlessly (till today!).

So you tell me, MALU OR NOT????? Serves me right lah!

P/S: I did receive the award that year....but later on ha ha

2 comments:

slavemom said...

Well, at least u managed to save some face by detouring to the ladies. :) Not that bad lah.. u really got the award later mah.

Anonymous said...

wah, like that oso can ah? ya, at least the toilet door is nearby, if not u have to go up there to congratulate the person!!