Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Friday 19 October 2007

All By Myself

This is another backdated post....found it as draft!

Do you know the song sung by Celine Dion "All By Myself", though it was originally sung by another artist? I don't usually mind being all by myself at most times since I was a little girl - except when it came to a particular situation:

I WOULDN'T EAT BY MYSELF IN A RESTAURANT

I always found it strange to sit down by myself for a meal outside. I would rather do a takeaway or buy some bread to munch along the way. During my earlier days of worklife, I often travelled alone but never did I once have a meal by myself, if it wasn't in the hotel or office.

But here I was, today (last Friday), sitting in the Little Penang Cafe at The Curve, walloping a plate of Chicken Nasi Lemak and washing it down with barley lime. It didn't occur to me that I didn't used to like it - I just sat down, ordered, ate and left. Only after that did I realise that I had the first proper outside meal on my own (fastfood joints don't count!).

Perhaps it's the "I-no-longer-give-a-crap" attitude which comes with age and possibly, motherhood.

Ever found yourself doing something that you never used to do?

1 comment:

jazzmint said...

eh me also all by myself person haha...and i do find it weird eating alone..and everyone gives u that..lone ranger look