Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Wednesday 14 November 2007

I Am Back!

Sawadeeka/krap!

Ok, that's all I know for the 3D/2N trip to Bangkok. Even then I picked that up from Thai restaurants in KL ha ha. First thing first - how was the trip?

Well, I was not impressed with the city and the shopping despite all the raving reviews that I've received. Chatuchak reminded me of Petaling Street, MBK of Sg Wang and Siam Paragon of KLCC. Traffic was horrendous and I was surprised that the laymen didn't understand English. What I liked about Bangkok?

FOOD - you have to give your hats off to them. I had tom yum every meal.
Dirt cheap massages/spa & pedicures! I feel like our local shops are ripping me off now.


And then, there was LINKIN PARK LIVE IN CONCERT!! That was THE deal-clincher for this trip. We didn't know about the concert until the first night when we were there when I was reading a tourist brochure. We went to extreme trouble to get to this concert:

1) Call Ticket Master to find out whether there were any tickets left
2) Found out where the closest Ticket Master outlet is (turned out they had one at the Central Plaza near Silom)
3) Rushed there the next morning to secure tickets
4) Walked the entire mall looking for the tiny booth, which is in a music store
5) Booked a cabbie for 5 hours as the event was held in some faraway venue, away from Bangkok city centre

But really, it was all worth it despite the concert starting only at 9:40pm and us, 2 Malaysian gals, suffering two hours of an opening act by a Thai singer. We head-banged for an hour plus and left Bangkok, somewhat satisfied.

8 comments:

slavemom said...

Wah.. must hv felt like a 'sap pat ya yee mui mui chai'.. go head-banging at a rock concert. Wat a great escapade. Not showing us ur loots?

jazzmint said...

wah so syiok went for concert!!

Anonymous said...

ya ya i agreed with ginie.. maybe i two yrs time we cal all hv blogger meeting there or bali..how nice wld that be...

Anonymous said...

Wah wah I so envy ler... wonder who is willing to bbsit darrius so I can have my great escape too!

kerry said...

Aiyer, so nice can escape to Bangkok somemore. Me ar, wanna have a nite out oso difficult. My koala is just too sticky... LOL...

Sasha Tan said...

alamak the thai singer ah.. i really dunno what they babbling and semua all sound the same. ching chong ching chong. HAHAHAH but AGREE THE FOOD IS GREAT!

Chinneeq said...

i miss massage on my last visit. went there wrong timing :(

Mommy to Chumsy said...

AAAARRRRHHHH.....you went to Linkin Park's Concert!!! Envy envy ;) So, any shopping ah?