Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Sunday 18 November 2007

New Label: RandR

I've created a new label called "RandR". Nope, it does not stand for "Rest & Relax", but "Raves & Rants" LOL :) Why did I create this label? Well, I find that a lot of times I don't have anyone to rave & rant to. So talk to the computer lor....especially when the computer listens and doesn't talk back!

My inagural R&R is about some people I know whom are so utterly manja and spoilt. Can go overseas alone but cannot take taxi from the airport, must have someone to fetch. I've be taking cabs myself since I started working, which was 21 years old! Then other things also must need company, until other people have to take leave/time off to accomodate.

It's not my place to comment too much lah, but I feel so geram!!! If it's my child, surely kena whack from me. Wouldn't you as a parent, teach your child to be independent so that he/she will be confident? I concluded that some parents in fact want their children to rely on them so that they feel that they are still useful.

Are you/would you be one of them?

3 comments:

Peridot&Sapphire said...

I am not and don't really like this but my in-law family provided this type of training opportunities to all their children & grandchild. Luckily the children are very independant when they grown up. Imagine my in-law will call the teacher every alternate day to ask about their whereabout their grandchild for holiday trips in a group! To me, that's overprotective.

slavemom said...

Sometimes can't help it when the society has become too dangerous. Don't know when u cross the line to being over-protective.

Mommy to Chumsy said...

hehehe...i am related to people like that...can go to overseas but cannot take the damn cab from the airport. Why?? Too cheap!!!