Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Sunday 18 November 2007

That One Moment

Of late, it takes me up to one and a half hours to put Bryan to sleep, be it nap times or bed times. The process involves a lot of cajolling, pleading, scolding and threatening. On top of that, I have to sing my reportoire of 15 Barney songs each time. Bryan would be yawning and furiously rubbing his eyes prior to that, but the moment I bring him into bed, he catches his 2nd wind and goodness me, I have never seen a boy so active! He would be happily singing/talking/yelling while walking on the bed and jumping whilst holding onto the headboard.

Then after an hour or so, he starts crying because he probably realises that he is now over-tired. I'm relieved when that happens because it means he will usually konk out in the next 5mins. But by then, mummy's patience is dental floss-thin already. If there is one moment where I swear of not having more children, this would be it.

What a strange boy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

u really sing 15 barney songs ah

Peridot&Sapphire said...

that's the challenge of motherhood but not every mums has the same challenge. But you did your best and a great job! Perhaps next baby you should put him/her to the breast more and see any difference?? haha.... oh yes, I plan to do so.

Everyday Healy said...

I got an active baby too. But, is a she. I know how it feels regarding I dare not have another baby. hehe...

But, in this case,we can spend more time with our baby, good too, right?
:)

slavemom said...

I totally understand wat u're going thru. Sometimes it takes that long to make CE sleep too. I get really mad too when he's vy sleepy but don't wanna sleep. Then cry coz too tired edi. Grrr..

Mommy to Chumsy said...

i understand how you are feeling. That's why now i let ashley skip one of her naps in the afternoon so that she'll fall asleep real quickly at night. Like you, i had to sing many songs before she would lie still on the bed :(