Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Tuesday 6 November 2007

A Tribute To My Mum & Dad (and Brothers!)

I would like to take this opportunity (got a bit more time to reminisce and to be soppy) to pay a special tribute to my parents. I am who I am today because of them. I have learnt a lot from them and I hope to be as good a parent to Bryan (and hopefully, more future children) as they are to me and my 2 older brothers.



To My Dad:

1) Who taught me to appreciate all things in life and how I should work hard to earn for what I want. Since I was young, Dad insisted that I earned the things I wanted, be it by passing school/music exams or working to get my first mobile phone & car, eventhough he could get them for me. For that, I appreciate what I have because it wasn't "free".

2) Who taught me good English. He would patiently sit down with me during highschool and teach me proper English. I will never forget the difference between "lend" and "borrow".

3) Who never thought twice before helping me out - be it at school (I was crap at art but Dad was good at drawing dogs!) or at work (he advised me on how to deal with colleagues).

4) Who ALWAYS emphasised the importance of being an honest person. He is always able to sleep well at night, knowing that he has nothing to hide. I want to be like him.

5) Who taught me the "Golden Mean" rule - to practise moderation in everything in life.

6) Who exposed me to art & culture from a very young age. We attended musicals and visited art galleries/museums together as a family. He reminds me that there is more to life than your monetary possessions.

7) Who is a great cook.



To my Mum:

1) Who taught me to speak up for myself and to always ask. I will never forget that "Questions are free".

2) Who taught me that I should always speak the truth, even if it meant facing the consequences.

3) Who always forgave me when I did wrong, and loved me even more when I'd admitted my mistakes.

4) Who never caved in to my insistence to buy millions of Barbie dolls, so that I learn to play with what I have.

5) Who until today, helped me by doing marketing for me, knowing that I don't have time during the weekdays.

6) Who ALWAYS tried her best to help me in my motherhood experience in whatever way possible.

7) Who acted as a mediator and reconciler whenever I had arguments with Dad.

8) Who is also a great cook.

So, Mummy & Dad - I LOVE YOU BOTH VERY MUCH, and THANK YOU FOR TEACHING ME HOW TO BE A GOOD PERSON.


And while I'm at it, I'm also appreciative of my two brothers because:

1) They never allowed me to be a spoilt brat despite being the only girl and the youngest in the family.

2) They protected me in school when I was bullied/teased because I was so darn fat.

3) They saved my skin a couple of times (no details!!).

4) They love Bryan unconditionally.

5) We can give each other crap and laugh about it.

6) We have fun together, up till today! I pray that we will always stay this way.



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

u hv such a great and wonderful family!! lucky u..

i have sent u a wish

http://littlepaces.com/?p=298

Chinneeq said...

oh....Paik Ling, so u are a lucky "mui-mui" with 2 kor-kor ya!!

jazzmint said...

oo so u are the youngest eh hehe...

slavemom said...

That's so sweet. Ur parents r really good role models.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful dedication! And your siblings all share that same heart-warming smile! :D

Mommy to Chumsy said...

wow..this is so touching and sweet :D hey, the 3 of you look alike :D

kerry said...

Oooh... That's sooo sweet...

Peridot&Sapphire said...

so you are the youngest and you have a very lovely & supportive family!

LHS said...

i like this post! you're lucky to have a happy family :)