Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Thursday 14 August 2008

Another Chapter Begins

Seeing that I still have some free time (ok, LOTS of free time) since the CL is around, I'd decided to pack up my maternity clothes this morning and replace them with the pre-pregger ones. As I was rifing through my spare wardrobe I came across the pre-pre-pregger wears. I held a pretty blouse up against my torso, and my-oh-my, I was tiny back then. I was only 45kg when I got married in 2004, blossomed into a healthy 50kg just before the 1st pregnancy. After giving birth to Bryan, I hit 63kg and never lost any of it. Now, I'm back to the mid-60kg range. At least, that is a consolation.

Pre-children I spent a lot of money on pretty clothes - I have 3 cupboards-full of stuff that I now cannot fit into. Then everything I tried on looked attractive and warranted a purchase. Post-children money is spent on clothes for the kiddos, albeit deriving the same amount of satisfaction, if not more.

All of a sudden, I felt melancholic and started to reflect how quickly things happened over the past 4 years. So much joy in bringing up Bryan, but frustrations and tears were aplenty too. And now with Brandon, we are going through the same cycle again. It all seemed so surreal.

And then the door bell rang - the postman was at my door. Back to reality.

7 comments:

Sasha Tan said...

did some sorting that day and was like u too. Alot of clothes that looked so tiny and so nice yet cannot fit. *sigh*

Wen said...

not only u, i just packed my old tops and power suits to give it away weeks ago. so sad that i cant fit into my spaghetti straps top liao

slavemom said...

It's obvious u're not alone. Altho I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight, I still can't fit into the old fitting pants/tops. The bone structure, esp the hips, has expanded. :(

Mamalina said...

All my shopping is mostly for Sean too. I live in jeans and t-shirt and rarely get a chance to wear nice clothes. =P

Chinneeq said...

when my maid saw my cheongsam, she had a great laugh wonder if i ever fit in it again :(

Sue said...

Sigh.... I was skinny too last time. Sien lor last pregnancy after Izac I edi gave up trying to fit into my pre-pre-preggers clothes edi, now pre-pre-pre-preggers edi lagi no hope hahaha

jazzmint said...

hehe...same ler, after give birth, most baju kenot fit in. but i still keep some, hoping that i can still fit in. The rest I've already packed and give away after i finish my BF journey. Cause I didn't loose much weight after stopping BF :|