Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Thursday 14 August 2008

My Stupid Boo-bies

What havoc this evening!

During my confinement month, VT has been bringing Bryan home from my PILs. Then I will put Bryan to bed while VT watches over Brandon. Today VT had to return to work for an emergency. So there is myself, the maid and my CL. It all started when Brandon pooped so much until terkena my CL so she had to go wash up. So I had to tend to Brandon. Bryan started crying and screaming the moment I picked Brandon up (who was also crying and screaming). When Brandon stopped crying, I put him down and picked Bryan up. Then the whole cycle started again - pick one boy up, the other one cries. WALAU!!!! (All this time, the maid was taking a shower)

At the same time, my boo-bies were also screaming to be relieved. After all the chaos settled down, I took a drink to relax and sat down to be a cow. I would have expected a good volume of EBM as it was way past my expressing interval.

But NO......I only managed to express 2 miserable ounces.

I am at my wits end. I did all the "right" things - drink lots of water & papaya soup, rest, distract myself, express regularly even at night, etc. But still, these two stupid lump of flesh refused to co-operate. Now, I'm the sort who expects to see results whenever I work hard at something. This just isn't happening.

I'm waving my white flag.
Subject closed.
Amen.

13 comments:

Sue said...

Aikss.. you're feeling engorged wor, I would've expected more than 2 ounces also :S

If really dun have nevermind lo, no point stressing yourself out over it.

Sasha Tan said...

*sigh* if cannot then nevermind la.. you tried your best edi.

mom2ashley said...

if you're so stressed up about this, I'd advise you to just stop BF. I know....there is that guilt feeling each time moms decide to stop BF. But hey...if you're not happy and stressed, baby can feel it too....so might as well be happy, stress-free so that baby will also be a happy baby!

LittleLamb said...

whenever there is engorgement, then u pump out. sometimes the body play u out. u get 2oz, and sometimess 6 oz. as long as u tried. cos if u don pump out, the breast will be pain right... (for me yes lor)

Health Freak Mommy said...

Take it easy. The supply will slowly increase. Remember, if demand exceeds supply, the body will produce more milk.
Organic Mother's Milk Tea or Milkmaid Tea works very well for me.

Mamalina said...

CALM DOWN....

Remember? the fist few months were like this... the boobies do not always cooperate. It was probably because you were so tensed.

Relax... and if yo are not supplementing Brandon with formula, maybe this is a good time to start. It's okay to supplement, you know. You don't have to be perfect all the time.

I still have the Milkmaid Tea you gave. Didn't need it. It should be okay to take it since it's dried goods anyway. You want them back?

michelle@mybabybay said...

Wat pump are you using? Just curious.

Vien said...

If pumping doesn't work, try direct feeding. Sometimes it's better that way. Since your babe is only 4 weeks old, take it slow and easy. Btw, thanks for dropping by. :)

Wen said...

madam ah, first few weeks are like that one la. dont expect miracle la, and u gotta be a persistent cow to be a productive one leh...
the supply will slowly increase if u keep on breastfeeding ur boy and direct feed is better at the moment

slavemom said...

Can feel u're vy tensed. Not good leh. Do watever u think fits. U don't hv to answer to any1, except urself.

Mommy to Chumsy said...

haaahaahahha....you are funny lah...the way you wrote it. i also didnt have any BM...dunno why :( just do what you feel is right. don't be so stressed up.....otherwise you would go into PND.

jazzmint said...

hey no worries..so long as u try, it's ok :). don't be so stressed bout it

Chinneeq said...

about to gif up too :(

haha...pick 1 up, d oth 1 cry...tats how my life is now!