Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Saturday 16 August 2008

A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To...

....me shutting down my milk factory. Just when I thought I'd increased the expressing interval from 2.5hrs to 3.5hrs to slow it all down to face the imminent end, my supply began to show some improvement. Don't be too happy for me first because after the sudden surge (probably due to the increased waiting interval), I can tell that the supply is fast diminishing.

I would like to thank you all for both the advice and consolation - yes, I was extremely upset....not stressed, but just upset that this didn't work out the 2nd time around either despite my putting in more effort. At least I think I managed to make fairly good use of my Spectra 2 pump as the machine groans when I turn it on and off now.

As with any other mother who feels guilty about stopping b/f, I am too. But I won't let this come into my way of enjoying motherhood :)

4 comments:

Angeleyes said...

aawww.... *hugs*
Lets hope for some miracles???

mom2ashley said...

upset also leads to stress... Which will effect your milk production... It is a viscious cycle... Anyway...hv a good weekend

Mamalina said...

Hugs.. first of all..
The beginnings is always the hardest. Actually you can still try to increase your supply by nursing directly. The actual suckling of your baby helps in your milk production. When I started with Sean, I found that the milk production only started to be more reliable during the 3rd month.

But if your intention was to move Brandon over to formula completely by the time you start work again, I guess this is the way things go. The milk gets lesser and lesser, and eventually Brandon moves completely to formula.

It'll be harder to switch if he was completely fed with BM now and then suddenly move over to formula completely.

BUT...If you want continue to feed Brandon with BM for longer than 2 months, then you need to consider nursing directly to help boost your milk production again. It can work as long as you have not stopped producing milk.

But if you don't want to, it's OK too. what's most important is that all of you are happy and learning to get along together, right? =D

LittleLamb said...

Did you konw that you need to calibrate yr spectra 2? I didnt know I had too until I went to purchase some replacement parts. Perhaps that's why it was less "powerful" ahahah