Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Monday 11 August 2008

High Blood Pressure Week

Actually, I didn't want to b*tch about my 1st CL but I feel that I should warn people also lah. This is based on my personal experience.

I got my 1st CL through a confinement agency - Pei Ling (their formal business name is Daveleen). It was a desparate effort on my side as by the time I wanted to book a CL, all of the recommended names that I got from various people, have all been pre-booked. Moreover I heard that July/August was a popular month. So no choice lor. I had thought that at least the agency would maintain some level of standard hence it won't be so bad.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

You know how you don't get a good feeling when you meet someone for the first time? I had this when I picked her up from the agency. Call it gut feeling, call it intuition. Firstly, she looked so young (she's only 38yrs old) and then her face expression was close to one belonging to a corpse. Never mind, I thought, as long as she's good at handling the baby and good at cooking.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

Firstly, you can tell that she is not experienced in handling the baby. During bath times, she literally dumped the whole baby's body into the water. Of course the baby cried to no end. Then when I asked her why she wanted to be a CL, she said that she loved babies. What BS! She barely speaks or molly-cuddle the baby. She treated the baby like a commodity, doing about her tasks like a robot. Zero compassion. Obviously a mercenary.

Then there was one time when the plaster strips from the disposable diaper got stuck to the baby's skin because she forgot to paste them back when changing the diapers. My poor baby cried out in so much pain when she removed it!

Let's not even talk about her cooking - she herself confessed that she doesn't know how to cook. She doesn't even need to cook in her own home as her husband is a chef.

In that one week, my blood pressure literally shot up. Luckily I had some experience in handling an infant. It ended up with me teaching her how to go about doing things. The tipping point was when I saw her eating some medicine. Turned out that she was having a fever and sore throat! Immediately I called the agency up and asked for a replacement. They then told me that it would take up to a week because it's "peak" period then. Unfortunately I had to pay the full RM2,880 up-front so I couldn't ask for a refund. I converted the service to a food delivery package instead. I was totally fed-up with them by then.

Then the food delivery is another cerita. The entire package for 28-days of lunch & dinner costs close to RM2,000. Delivery charges are separate - RM7 per day (daylight robbery!). This comes up to RM78 per day. You would expect some pretty great stuff, right?

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

A typical lunch comprisez of beans/cauliflower (all-time favourite with the agency, it seems) and a tasteless meat. Then dinner, which mind you is delivered together with lunch, is some taufu, another piece of tasteless meat and a soup. Oops, sorry it doesn't even qualify as soup since the it is so diluted. Rice I have to cook myself.

After the CL left, my trusted Indon maid told me that the CL took our chocolates and ate them without our knowledge. Not like I would have said No, but it would be polite to ask. Plus the CL also told my maid that Malaysians treat Indon maids as "dogs". GEEZZ!!!! What kind of a person would say that???!! It just shows you what kind of a person she is. Really, if I see her around (afterall, she is from Puchong), I would give her a big piece of my mind.

After sharing my experiences with a couple of other people, I found out that I am not the only disgruntled one. Apparently, this agency already has a bad reputation. If only I knew earlier, I could have avoided suffering for one week.

15 comments:

Sasha Tan said...

haiyoh.. so terrible *fingers crossed hoping mine will be okay*
eh u complaint her then they will sack her u know? How to be CL is everything also dunno? Very dangerous la.. esp handling infant.

michelle@mybabybay said...

Looks like good CL is hard to find.

Wen said...

pei ling have horrible reputation. if i knew, i wld have told u.

I have 2 babies but 4 CL, so u can imagine the first ones for both babies were bad. i understand how u feel.

mom2ashley said...

Oh gosh!!! Horror! Somemore CL is sick? She has no consideration for baby!!!! Hope baby didn't catch the bug from her..

KittyCat said...

My CL was very rough and heartless - she has athritis and a bad back so she'd take her SLOW, SWEET TIME and also almost let Lucas slip into the bathwater once or twice. She also didn't mind letting him howl away.

We ended up letting her cook and clean only - my Mum took care of the bathing etc. At least I had nice food to eat although that needed a lot of adjusting too!

CLs - can't live with them, can't really live without them

Mamalina said...

No wonder you were so fed up!
Truly a daylight robbery, to be charging so much and providing such sub-standard quality.

slavemom said...

Aiyo... waiting to 'chap lup' lah, with this kind of service. Really terrible. Luckily u managed to get a good CL after that.

Health Freak Mommy said...

That was really a nightmare! Mine was a nightmare too and she also handled my bb as if she was a commodity too! Luckily your new CL is good, phew!

Angeleyes said...

pity you to have to suffered so much after paying a bomb for their services!

I think most of these CL services companies have really bad reputation... all so commercialized and they don't give that sort of expectation we have about them.

Most of them took up the job as the pay is good so I am not surprised if they don't have experience at all... more like just bang and go since it is a one month kinda thing.

Sue said...

Aiyoo... so teruk. I;ve seen the Pei Ling agency in SS2 but seems like it;s no longer there edi.... Must complain la, if not sure other people will also kena, peak period also doesn;t mean they can simply just chuck a lousy CL to you *hmph*...

Peter & Joyce said...

You poor dear! Never mind...the worst is over! The best is yet to come! *hugs*

Mommy to Chumsy said...

omigod....you should have posted her photo up too...hehehehe. i've heard so many horror stories about pei ling. wonder why they are still in business :(

LindaLow said...

Pei Ling is really terul la... Many friends do complaint about it. Even recommended ones also sometimes not dependable. I had a bad experience too but I'm lucky my sister is really good. She help me out twice for both my child. SO she is the CL:)

Lemonjude said...

So terrible and careless...love baby who not? and taking care baby is different story la...

Good that the new CL able to help up...if really need her to stay longer ask her to extend to few more days or weeks.

jazzmint said...

just read ur ex-CL story. gosh, so teruk lah this agent...how can they provide such a slacker to you. good thing u got rid of her, if not I bet you would've throw her out from your house window