Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Saturday 30 August 2008

Short-Fused

I have been very short-fused the last 2 days. Although I don't blow up (I'm not the sort), I find myself getting irritated and tearful over the slightest thing - like how I was unable to find a carpark at DSH today, how VT didn't charge my laptop after he used my charger to charge his, how the milk bottle was not assembled according to the same coloured component, how I have absolutely no idea how I'm going to entertain a hyper toddler over a 3-day long weekend.

I'd like to blame it on post-pregnancy hormonal changes but I think it could be too late for that. Another possibility is fatigue from being around Brandon 24/7. I have been doing the night shifts since I've yet to return to work. The little fella has taken on to screaming his lungs out for at least 1 hour straight every night. I've tried feeding, rocking, changing his diapers - nothing seemed to work. So I'd relented that he needs to give his lungs some exercise prior to sleeping. In addition, his sleeps have been noisy and interrupted due to nose congestion. It is during those moments that I'd swore off having another offspring.

But then again, after 2 years, I'm sure that I will change my mind.

Hopefully I feel better tomorrow. I'd passed the baton to VT tonight - one more night, and I'll snap. I'm just going to crawl into bed and give my lungs some exercise.

8 comments:

Sue said...

Breathe in, breathe out...

You can try imagining my situation... from 8pm till 12mn, I have 2 small kids (aged 2 and 4) in the room with me PLUS a newborn. Toddlers making hell of a lot of noise, baby kenot sleep, mummy going bonkers... PENING!

slavemom said...

That's normal coz we're oni human. So when u feel a bit stressed up, try to get help from dear hubby or ur in-laws ya.

Wen said...

i snapped just now! kids have been so naughty fighting, quarelling, disturbing each other, making each other cry, etc for the past 3 weeks. n Ian hasnt been very good lately! arrgh!!! lets go to gym to release our frust!

Mamalina said...

Oh no.. you poor girl...It must have been really tough the last few days!

Hope the kids behave and give you some breathing room.

HUGS!!!

Angeleyes said...

Haiyo... me without a baby already so short fuse... imagine another one? Darrius is driving me up the wall the moment he's awake! :P

KittyCat said...

Hey dunno if you tried elevating the baby's head using a slim baby pillow?

Lucas suffered nasal congestion (due to premature nose bridge, which matures when they are 4-5 months old) and would wake up every hour or so when he was little.

After I raised his head and shoulders with an extra large home-made baby pillow or a few layers of adult bath towels, he slept soundly. No aircond and no strong breeze from the fan also lah...

Hope this helps! It drove me NUTS too when he was 1-3 months old.

Sasha Tan said...

colic? Maybe you can try massaging lil brandon's tummy using the I LOVE YOU method? I baru learnt from the parenthood exibition that day.

Irene said...

our kids really testing our patience kan? wanna scold them they also don't understand. adoi.

somtimes wen my lil missy cries like mad, i just let her cry, cus i duno wat she wants. did watever i cud think off. as you said, let her do some vocal exercise. esshh.