Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Monday 11 August 2008

The "WTF" Labour Story

It all started with weak abdominal pains whilst dining on Dome’s chicken & mushroom pie during my team lunch. I’d ignored it, thinking it was Braxton Hicks. The pain returned during coffee break at 4pm (I don’t usually have coffee break but the team wanted to “celebrate” my last day at work). I’d ignored it again.

And again when I was driving home.
And again during dinner.
And again when I was putting Bryan to sleep at 10pm.

By 11pm, I was doubled in pain. VT was out for a client's dinner but I called him to get his a** back asap. By the time he showed up, I was hanging on to the front door grille and squating on the floor. My PILs also rushed over to keep an eye on the sleeping Bryan.

We sped through heavy Friday night traffic and screeched in front of E&A of the hospital in 15mins. I couldn't walk by then so I had to be ferried using a wheelchair to the Maternity Ward.

At Maternity Ward
Me: I am in labour. Can I be admitted?
Midwife (MW): Nanti, we check dulu (hook me up to the CTG)
Me: Look, I am in labour and I want the epidural
MW: Tak apa, we check dulu
Me: (WTF????) My contractions already 3 minutes apart, of course I'm in labour!!!!!!!
MW: (pretend didn't hear)

1 hour 15mins later........after the ningkampoop agreed that I was in fact in labour.

At Labour Room
Me: Where's the anaethestist?
MW: I just called him...should be here in 30mins
Me: 30 MINUTES????????? (WTF?? Couldn't you have called him earlier??)

Another hour later of more labour pains.....after the epidural was administered.

Me: Dr, it's still very painful on my left side
Dr: Hmm....are you sure?
Me: Yes (WTF?? Of course I'm freaking sure!!)
Dr: (fiddle with the epidural administrator) I think we have to remove and administer again
Me: (WTF?????) Ok, no choice lor

After the epidural was administered the 2nd time.

Me: *Bliss* (eh, whose fat legs are those up ahead?? he he)

After 8 hours of labour, the little boy made it appearance. Delivery was a piece of cake - I only need to push 6-7 times. I was having a bad cough but it was a blessing in disguise as each time I coughed, the baby was pushed further down the cervics.

Up to the point of delivery, the water bag didn't even break. The funny part was that I managed to see my own delivery because the TV was angled such that I could see the reflection of my "V". I tried not looking because it is actually quite gross but curiousity got the better of me.

When Brandon was placed on my tummy and I saw him the first time, I cried in joy that the little boy is normal. That's all that matters.

14 comments:

Sasha Tan said...

wah really wtf...all also like blur blur like dat wan. But at the end - all is okay. :)

Eh last time i saw my own delivery also cos i can see the reflection of my V from the stainless steel bed frame. :S

michelle@mybabybay said...

Wow, got TV to watch your own delivery. I probably asked them to switch it off....hehehe.

Sue said...

Hahaha, very funny... really WTF wor, they can doubt you samo, your body or theirs hoh??? Thank God for a safe delivery :D

mom2ashley said...

hey... U delivered at dsh? Was it a dr helmi who gave u the epidural? Cause during my labor when preggy with Ashley, only my right half was numb and my left half was in pain!

mom2ashley said...

hey... U delivered at dsh? Was it a dr helmi who gave u the epidural? Cause during my labor when preggy with Ashley, only my right half was numb and my left half was in pain!

KittyCat said...

Thanks for sharing - dunno why but somehow, I think the night nurses are nasty one? I had a nasty pair too when Lucas was born...

So...is No. 2 easier than No. 1? I had a REALLY long labour and am curious!

Any tips? Besides getting a cough LOL

Mamalina said...

I guess every labour story is a big drama... otherwise we women wouldn't dread it so much! =P

slavemom said...

Must be trying hard not to slap slap the MW, rite? hehehe
But at least the delivery part was a breeze. I pushed n pushed, bb just doesn't wanna come out!

Angeleyes said...

actually can't blame them... after all it is a night shift gang... hehehe. probably most of them are half asleep... kekeke

Mommy to Chumsy said...

heheh....this is a funny labour story. what hospital did you go too? so many ningkampoops?

Lemonjude said...

Good that everything is fine...

Chinneeq said...

mine case d same except i waited 3 HRS for epi, stupid hospital!!

jazzmint said...

wow u dare to watch :|...good la u had the epi at least keke...

chooi peng said...

8 hours!! i thought second baby should be faster!! btw, congrats