Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Cheeky Cheeky Me
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Happy Happy Me

Friday 1 August 2008

First Night Duty

Since the CL left, VT has been responsible for doing the graveyard shifts while I accompany Bryan to bed. The problem with Bryan is that he still wakes up a few times in the middle of the night looking for me (or rather, my thumbs!). Somehow even in his slumber stupour, Bryan is still able to distinguish VT's thumb from mine!

Anyway, as you know Brandon is much of a night owl. He fusses from midnight to 3am, then makes a symphony of weird groans and cries throughout the night. Last night, VT had to go outstation so Bryan slept over at my PILs. I spent my first full night with the little one. I'm totally smashed today as I've become a very light sleeper so I awaken with each whimper.

By the way, there is another twist to my CL situation. My mum hired a new one for me and she's coming on Sunday. VT & I are not too keen since we can manage but my mum pok-pek pok-pek about me not having enough nutritious food. So what to do, take only lor...somemore she insisted that she pays for this CL. *Sigh* hopefully this one doesn't raise my blood pressure like the previous one.

Going to catch 40 winks now. I left Brandon in his cot downstairs and came up to shower (and blog!). Sounds quiet - think he's fallen asleep :)

13 comments:

Peter & Joyce said...

More CL drama?

Take it one day at a time, dearie...

LHS said...

wow, your mum so good! :)
better to have a CL la, at least you can rest more..

slavemom said...

Hopefully the new CL will be more of help than pain in the *ss. :D
Errr... left Brandon downstairs to shower AND blog? Champion lah u. :p I presume maid's d/stairs too?

Wen said...

i personally think that u shd get a CL not only to help u out with bb so that u can rest but yes as what ur mom said, to cook for nutritious food for u so that u can 'pou'. better to be safe than sorry right?

jazzmint said...

i agree with ur mom, at least to get more nutrition food. woman don't pou during confinement, next time body weak. good luck with ur new CL :)

Sue said...

Your mum really so sayang you... getting you a CL proves her love lor :D And you really have to pou leh...

Chinneeq said...

paik ling, din know u get CL from the agency. hope the new CL will be good.

LittleLamb said...

its about adjusting...
time will smoothen things out..

hope to get to see some brandon pictures:)

Mamalina said...

OH.. didn't realise that you prefer not to have a CL.. why not just make her do household chores? That way you get to take care of Brendon yourself without her interference.

So Brandon is a night owl... same like Sean...

Sasha Tan said...

yeah, pou while u can. Better if she's paying for it.
The cl u send her back the agency never pay u back wan ah ? then mai wasted edi lor?

LindaLow said...

Is always tough for the 1st 3 months of a newborn. Moreover, Bryan is still little. Well, at least u are still coping well. Still can blog:) Not bad huh..hee..hee

KittyCat said...

Listen to your mother! Hahaha...just take the food she eats lor, not anything else ;-) Is your Mum around for her to chat with? If not, hopefully she enjoys TV

Wow...your son is only 1+. You're amazing! I know I wouldn't be able to do it. Jia you, jia you!

shooi said...

This is late but still...CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

We have also considered the name Brandon for our 2nd one last time.. (Haizz, not many boy name choices starting with B).

But better get a new CL. IF not for the food, for the rest. It is definitely more helpful, not just for u, but for your husb too.

Hope lil Bryan is being a good kor-kor.